Book of Heroes - Gameplay Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Last week a new gameplay trailer for The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes was released. Unlike most of the other information about the game, the in-game scenes are in English.

More information.

Looks like the first video on the Steam page. Interesting that they moved away from the old 3D RTwP look to turn-based isomorphic. Could be good. I guess we'll see.

This is the least hopeless of poor, botched Dark Eye series. Blackguards 1-2 was the only valuable contribution in this IP.

This is the least hopeless of poor, botched Dark Eye series. Blackguards 1-2 was the only valuable contribution in this IP.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. I enjoyed the Drakensang series more than Blackguards.

Blade of Destiny > Star Trail > Drakansang 2 > Drakensang 1 > Blackguards 1 > Blackguards 2 > Demonicon.

That's my personal order.
The first two are the original 2D games. Haven't played the remakes.

Looks like the first video on the Steam page. Interesting that they moved away from the old 3D RTwP look to turn-based isomorphic. Could be good. I guess we'll see.

It doesn't look turn based to me. At 25 seconds you can see multiple characters moving/attacking at the same time. But I am getting a strong Temple of Elemental Evil vibe which I like.

Both Drakensangs were pretty fun for me. Hunting down River of Time was a chore at release, and that was in a major city! I enjoyed both Blackguards, but far, far less, and didn't bother with Demonicon and the Arkania games I didn't play originally and are too dated for my tastes now. Wouldn't mind another third-person style D-sang game...but isometric is fine too. Feels over-used tho'.

The Problem ist that this game ist at least to my knowledge a Coop Multiplayer procedurally generated Game and No Classic RPG with a Story and plot

The Problem ist that this game ist at least to my knowledge a Coop Multiplayer procedurally generated Game and No Classic RPG with a Story and plot

The Steam write-up indicates it has a "single-player mode with 8 individual storylines". I guess I'll have to see what that means. Probably I'll wait for the reviews.

Back
Top Bottom