Graywalkers - April-May Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here's the newest Kickstarter update for the Graywalkers: Purgatory RPG:

April-May Update

Greetings Graywalkers! We have a lot to share with you today as usual. Though our updates are only every other month, we try and make sure that they are long and full of content and news. This month though, we will be sharing 2 updates. We've figured that while we are working on the game, we can give you more information about the other aspects of the game, particularly the role-playing aspect of it. That will be in the update next week. In the meantime, this update will focus on the development itself.

So here we go with what we have in store for this update:

NEWS UPDATE

• Steam Store Page – we are currently preparing our Steam Store page and will be posting information to that soon. We're just working out the final paperwork needed and preparing the new content we will be sharing on it. We’re slowly putting together everything we need to move forward and this is one of them.
  • Fund Raising – as we go into the next stage, we are now again trying to raise funds via investors. The reason we are trying to raise funds is primarily for 2 reasons: to get more resources to speed up development since we’re behind schedule, and to prepare for costs of marketing and distribution. We are currently talking to several investors but these things normally always take time. If any of you know anybody who might be interested to invest, feel free to contact me at russelltomas@dreamlordsdigital.com and we will share more information about it.
  • Pre-Orders - When we release the new website, we will start taking pre-orders from those who would be interested. Obviously you guys don't have to do that anymore but you may know some friends or family who might want to order soon. In the meantime, while that isn't up yet, people can still back us up via PayPal.
  • Regular Monthly Updates - I've decided to start doing regular monthly updates starting this month. Those updates may be shorter than the ones we normally make but at least it will be more regular now. We've been noticing some people are getting antsy so the regular communication should ease up some fears that we are not around.
  • Casual Connect Indie Prize – Graywalkers Purgatory has been shortlisted for the IndiePrize in Casual Connect this 2016. The event will be from May 17-May 19, 2016. IndiePrize is a competition joined by game companies from all over the world, most of which is from Asia. Unfortunately, we didn’t win but we’re still happy to have been a part of it. We’ll be joining the next ones in the various other Casual Connects in the US and other places. I think as we get closer to the game being done, the bigger our chances.
ALPHA

We are still working on the Alpha but we’re getting close. We really just want to make it good so we’re trying not to rush it too much. As we already said before, quality over speed. One thing is guaranteed, once it is ready, you guys will be the first to know...and those who have Alpha Access, will be the first to try it out. Thank you for your patience. Don't worry, we guarantee it is all worth it in the end.

GUI

We’ve shown you some of the combat GUI in the past. Today we want to share with you a few of the character UI screens. Like always, it’s a work in progress so feel free to let us know any feedback, comments or suggestions. UI was one of the areas people commented about the most

[...]
More information.

Well it's good news the Alpha is almost ready for release at least. Also congratulations if any of the developers still read this forum for winning the Casual Connect Indie Prize.

Last edited:
Every now and then, there's this promising kickstarter campaign which I read about but it doesn't really register with me. This is one of those cases. Backed.

I did back the kickstarter but I was a little on the fence. I'm glad I did now though as it keeps looking better the more I see.

Ibacked the original Kickstarter that failed (the second one hit its mark)
and have been a fan ever since. The variety of not just the character,
but parts of the world being a corrupted distorted amalgam of everywhere
was massively interesting. As was the strategic layer and base management
which I have adored since youth. This will be amazing!

This really looks good. I also like the character screens. A lot of (non-combat) skills!

What's the current ETA?

Back
Top Bottom