Gothic 3 Annoying text in screen

Neo

Lone Wolf
Hello everybody,

Last time I started Gothic, I noticed a strange and very annoying in my screen. It appears to notify me of what music is played, what place I am in and what I am currently doing. I don't know how to get rid of it, and I require some help with it. Thanks in advance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/robing/annoying.jpg

Thats a screenie

Looks like something from Marvin mode. I haven't played around with it too much, but you can enable it in the ini file and activate it in-game with the ` key (left of the 1 key). From there, you can let it show all sorts of stats. I have no idea which one this is.

Never used Marvin, and the ` strangely doesn't work. Thanks for the respond, though :)

Sometimes if you hit F6 that happens or you become a wolf and watch your avatar get eaten. I either hit enter or tilde twice. It's one of the special things about Gothic 3, not withstanding npc's walking into rocks or cliffs and killing you from below.

This is a reported problem that has an easy fix.

Go into your Gothic3\Ini directory and find the file "debug.ini". Change the first few lines:

DisplayOnScreen=true
DisplayEntities=true
DisplayModules=true

To become:

DisplayOnScreen=false
DisplayEntities=false
DisplayModules=false

What happens is that sometimes when Gothic 3 crashes, the game automatically puts itself into "debug" mode. So the next time you run it, you see the diagnostic info that you are not used to seeing.

Elkston, thanks a lot! The text was really getting on my nerves and even seems to lower my fps. Next time I get a problem I will check the internet for "known bugs" first.

Again, thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom