The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

A psychedelic blues thing. Wonderful. Floydian touches at times. Check it out.

EDIT: Well that was taken down soon after posting.

It's RAY LA MONTAGNE - No Answer Arrives

Here is another that I hope sticks around longer.

EDIT 2: that lasted for a day, here is another...

BTW, he's at the Greek Theater and tempted to see. But only lousy seats are left.

Last edited:
A psychedelic blues thing. Wonderful. Floydian touches at times. Check it out.

It's a cracking album. I think this one might make him a bigger star.

Random YouTube songs I listened to this week.

I spent most of yesterday listening to Disturbed. Great stuff =))

This morning I fired up one of the greatest albums of all time. Disintegration, hadn't listened to the whole thing in a while, it was terrific!!! God bless the Cure.

I was looking for some mellow music while playing an older game, I landed on the first two Slipknot albums. Iowa is excellent, as is the debut album, so I let them duel it out and I was the winner.

The heat continues, yesterday temperatures were above 30 C. Since temperatures above 20 are, IMNSHO, principally incompatible with human life, I'm not to happy with that. Here's:

Holger Czukay is of course, as you all know, a former member of the former Krautrock band Can.

Lacking a pool, heres's:

pibbur who wishes the rain would come again.

PS.
Another version with better quality of that river song can be fcound here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzEQACFk0I DS.

I like this unusual track - it sounds like a sort of countrified prog rock.

The heat continues, yesterday temperatures were above 30 C. Since temperatures above 20 are, IMNSHO, principally incompatible with human life, I'm not to happy with that. Here's:
/snip

/esnip
PS.
Another version with better quality of that river song can be fcound here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzEQACFk0I DS.

This latter one is from Stop Making Sense, recording of amazing 1984 tour of the same name.

This latter one is from Stop Making Sense, recording of amazing 1984 tour of the same name.

My favourite concert film. I think I've banged on about this before.

A truly great version of the song.

Then original version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2VHW1i2w), as we find it on the More Songs About Buildings and Food album also has it's charm. More bare bones, and ms. Weymouth's bass riff comes more into it's own.

pibbur who has been to rivers without anyone having to take him there.

The 1980 concert in Rome was also great, too bad the video/audio quality of the version of the river song as I posted wasn't very good.

A high quality from the concert is:

Adrian Belew is one of my favourite guitarists, And yes, I am a bit fascinated by Tina Weymouth.

pibbur who likes any guitarist whoi makes a guitar not sound like a guitar.

Last edited:
That's it, today I'm going to listen to every single Talking Head album. Especially the one that inspired On a Friday to change their name, that one I'm going to play at least twice!!

My favourite concert film. I think I've banged on about this before.

I’m old enough, and lucky to have seen them live on that tour. First up was some Aussie whippersnappers - INXS, then The Pretenders, then Talking Heads. Talking Heads came on stage just after midnight after a hot day in Melbourne (over 35, not wimpy 30) - still one of the best concerts I've ever enjoyed.

I’m old enough, and lucky to have seen them live on that tour. First up was some Aussie whippersnappers - INXS, then The Pretenders, then Talking Heads. Talking Heads came on stage just after midnight after a hot day in Melbourne (over 35, not wimpy 30) - still one of the best concerts I've ever enjoyed.

Superb. I'd have been up for some of that!

Some old school blues rock.

A forgotten or never acknowledged classics: The "Immunity" album by Rupert Hine

pibbur whose immunity system is slightly off track in summer

After a calming day yesterday of listening to non-stop Talking Heads, today will be all about the snarling vocals of de la Rocha and the rest of his posse, ladies and gentlemen, I submit, for your approval, …..Rage Against the Machine!!

AFK while I turn that sh!t up!

After a calming day yesterday of listening to non-stop Talking Heads, today will be all about the snarling vocals of de la Rocha and the rest of his posse, ladies and gentlemen, I submit, for your approval, …..Rage Against the Machine!!

I will do what you tell me.

pibbur

Back
Top Bottom