Thronebreaker - Released

I dont think so. Gwent was comparitively cheap to produce and has a consumer base that was already partly tied to GOG. Cyberpunk is a new franchise for them, and much more expensive. A single data point should not give them enough confidence to make that jump.

They may still do that. I would not.

I'm curious to see what will happen with Cyberpunk. Might be it will be GoG exclusive on PC.
It won't. CDpr signed distribution with Namco and Warner - both operate with Steam.
Thronebreaker is a sort of test. If it performs well for a year, some future AAA title will most definetly be GOG exclusive.

So, Thronebreaker…

Imagine my excitement when digging up some beautiful treasure chest and BAM! It gives me that totally great card I can use…. in the other Gwent game. Not in this one.

:-/

And that's happened twice in the first hour of playing.

So, Thronebreaker…

Imagine my excitement when digging up some beautiful treasure chest and BAM! It gives me that totally great card I can use…. in the other Gwent game. Not in this one.

:-/

And that's happened twice in the first hour of playing.

Yeah, seems like all the treasure chests just give Gwent CCG goodies.

Have to ask, sorry, dunno. Is Gwent CCG f2p or not?

So, Thronebreaker…

That's a bummer. Can't be doing with cross-game promotion nonsense in my loot.

Have to ask, sorry, dunno. Is Gwent CCG f2p or not?

It's f2p with "optional in-game purchases".

Speak for yourself. I'd love if AC Odyssey was dropping items to use in Watch Dogs 3 instead of imminent aggressive microtransactions and DLC push model.

Ok, you could do worse, but it's a kinda disappointing experience to find "treasure" that gives you no benefit whatsoever in the game you are currently playing. At least, they could simply have added an additional benefit/loot for Thronebreaker.

I admit, it's easy for me to comment from the backseat without playing the game, like Chien does.

Still didn't buy the game but will when I finish titles I'm playing currently, so can't perceive how irritating it can be, if at all. Maybe if I was just watching streams, maybe I wouldn't even know what's going on there. Then again, I'm not Chien and IMO streams are lying and misleading illusion.

When I get the game and start playing it, if it's over the top and not just a rare gimmick, I'll definetly post it IMO sux on the official CDpr board.
Still, could be worse. ;)

Chirp, chirp, chirp…

Pretty quite in here, I'll admit I was expecting more comments and impressions. Hurt by gog exclusivity? Or just too non traditional for people?

I do plan on getting it at some point just no time right now

No interest in playing gwent. So I won’t be buying.

Card games Are niche products and gog exclusivity makes it even more niche.

@joxer;
Not saying the game's bad. If you like card game-based RPG's, this is still a very solid thing.

It's just a detail that disappoints me. ;)

Doesn't matter it's cardbased, gameplay is the least important thing to me. For all I care it can be tetris matches.

I'm more interested how the story, characters and choices flow in it. Is it on epic scale or is 5 cgi irrelevant to anything cutscenes diablo with weeks of grind in between? ;)

If I want story I’ll read a book , watch a movie or even tv shows have better stories than the average game.

As a whole games have the worst stories of any medium imo. If I gamed only for story and not gameplay I’d probably not game.

To each thier own though.

I'm more interested how the story, characters and choices flow in it. Is it on epic scale or is 5 cgi irrelevant to anything cutscenes diablo with weeks of grind in between? ;)

So far, characters seem to be well done, and there are quite many choices to be made (kill some rebels, or just whip them into order? let a forced bride go, or get her back to her husband?). Whether these choices matter in the long run, no clue yet.

There is no grind. Battles are hand placed, not random, and have some reasonable "context".

(And I think the card game implementation matters. In contrast to other modes, the distinction between the battles and the rest of the game is necessarily more severe.)

If I want story I’ll read a book , watch a movie or even tv shows have better stories than the average game.

As a whole games have the worst stories of any medium imo. If I gamed only for story and not gameplay I’d probably not game.
Can't remember the last time you've read a book and based on recent movies and tv shows, games make stories much better. Average game? Who plays average games? Okay okay, console audience, but let's leave them aside. :D

Anyway, I thought people who don't need the story play Candy Crush Saga. :p
So far, characters seem to be well done, and there are quite many choices to be made (kill some rebels, or just whip them into order? let a forced bride go, or get her back to her husband?). Whether these choices matter in the long run, no clue yet.

There is no grind. Battles are hand placed, not random, and have some reasonable "context".

(And I think the card game implementation matters. In contrast to other modes, the distinction between the battles and the rest of the game is necessarily more severe.)
Thanks!
Definetly buying.

Oddly we don't have tips&tricks thread, dunno why as I didn't buy the game yet. Will do slightly before our goty vote to check if it can go in my top3 but currently have no time for it. :(

For anyone interested, vg247 made a "beginners' guide":
https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/04/thronebreaker-witcher-tales-beginners-guide/
Thronereaker is a 30-hour long RPG that employs Gwent: Homecoming as its mode of combat. Whilst the game offers a short tutorial at the start, getting to grips with deck building and card synergy can be a little challenging.
If you haven’t played Gwent or if you’ve only played The Witcher 3 version, it can take a while to get used to the new dynamics and meta of Gwent: Homecoming. You’ll also need to consider upgrading the various tents in your base camp, which companions to side with and how to tackle the various puzzles and battles on the map.
We’ve listed some tips for getting started and will elaborate on Gwent card synergy later.

Back
Top Bottom