Time
08 April at 22:00 - 09 April at 03:00
Godefriduskaai 30, Eilandje
Antwerp, Belgium
Created by:
JAZZBREAK Antwerp, Marie-France Vodikulwakidi, Nathan Ambach
More info
08/04 JAZZBREAK presents N8N B-DAY BASH

Jazzbreak is jouw maandelijkse date in het Felixpakhuis om de pannen van het dak te feesten. We plannen telkens een stomende live-act die de juiste mood zet, nadien slepen top-dj’s de je mee de nacht in!
We kunnen deze keer spreken van ‘een specialleke’ want mede-organisator N8N is jarig! Hij verzorgt zelf een live-act met special guests om u tegen te zeggen: Jamal Thomas aan de drums (Maceo Parker) en Rus Nerwich op sax (Capetown, S.A.). Het live-gebeuren wordt afgesloten met een All Star Jam Session. Nadien aftershow met dj’s N8N Remixed, Brown'Mo, Aalin Deloin & Gus !

Jazzbreak is YOUR monthly rendez-vous with Soul @ Felixpakhuis with 'Live music + DJ sets' every month and his time we're celebrating N8N's B-day bash with an exclusive showcase by N8N & his Raw Soul feat. special guests : Jamal Thomas (from Maceo Parker) on drums & Rus nerwich (Capetown, S.A) on sax. After the show more guest musicians will participate in an all star jam session, followed by an afterparty with DJ sets by : N8N Remixed, Brown'Mo, Alain Deloin & Gus !

U've got the choice to be funky now !

http://www.felixpakhuis.nu/
http://www.n8nmusic.com/

Here it is. :)

Jazzbreak, "soul & funk vormen steevast de rode draad". Mm, not exactly my cup of tea.
N8N, yes, I've heard of him, not bad, but I would not spend an entire evening listening to him, if you don't mind me saying.
Felixpakhuis though, it seems to be a place worthwhile checking out when visiting Antwerp… Thanks, Pladio!

South's nice. You could go to the east too, blatantninja. Strasbourg is quite remarkable and the region, the Alsace, is lovely with places like Riquewihr or Colmar and the Vosges Mountains. Exquisite wines.

Thanks! We're actually going to avoid wineries on this trip as my wife will be 5 months pregnant!

Thanks! We're actually going to avoid wineries on this trip as my wife will be 5 months pregnant!

Wise decision. Besides, wineries are only interesting in autumn, I think. But hey, the Alsace has more to offer than wine and wineries.

France is nice in Spring, to go south from Paris is a really good idea. Sounds like a good plan to me…. you should also consider Provence… IMHO.

Any specific recommendations on Provence? I went to Aix-en-Provence back in '92 and really liked it, but I don't remember much about it. We're looking for hotels now, but not sure.

It depends on what you are looking for.... beaches and swimming, culture and good food? forests? or something else?

Cote d Azur and Grimaud is kind of interesting from a cultural perspective, I guess, because it is very old and the second city built on the water after venice. Lots of luxury and fairly exploited though..... on the other hand it also means you can live nice and luxury and have all conveniences.

Culture and good food for the most part. Thanks!

Yeah, compared to Oz, the beaches in Europe are the pits. If Oz beaches are an 8 or 9, then Europe's are at best a 4. Only Englands were worse!!

That depends on what kind of beaches you like. But I'd say there are some fantastic beaches in sweden. You can only use them 2-3 months a year though…. + we don't have get eaten by sharks / jellyfish / sea-stars / kangaroos / Ozzies / etc warning signs on them. Really clean water too.

Edit: There are actually some really great ones in the islands south of france too.

Last edited:
Well Portugal is filled with great beaches. We've a big coastline. It depends but usually people start going to the beach from April until September. Almost no sharks (I don't remember anyone dying of a shark attack) and less Ozzies.

I've visited a lot of euro beaches and compared to Aussie and caribbean beaches they are terrible.

Back
Top Bottom