Lords of Xulima - New Screenshot

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games posted a new screenshot for Lords of Xulima on Twitter.

B19k5KcIMAEMiR8.jpg

More information.

ive been playing this since a few days, level 14 here, i like it more than wasteland2, this game is fantastic :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone sum up this game for me in few sentences in their own words?

The game is management, strategy and rpg. It is also a hard game. Well worth the price i paid for it imo.

Party-based (6), isometric world exploration RPG, with visible combats and many quests and puzzles. Dedicated mini-games for thievery/lockpicking. Turn-based combat with monsters appearing "face-on" in separate combat screen, reminiscent of older RPGs. Graphics and map are pleasant and colourful, without being cartoony. Feels like Baldur's Gate and Might&Magic had a baby.

Is combat more like Heroes of Might and Magic or Disciples?

How good are quests and quest writing? How complex are game mechanics and character creation options?

Is combat more like Heroes of Might and Magic or Disciples?

How good are quests and quest writing? How complex are game mechanics and character creation options?

More like disciples (1&2)

Quests are rather simple but written well enough. Some puzzles too.

Game mechanics are mostly all about combat and some resource management.

Party creation is simple enough but with a lot of options.

Party-based (6), isometric world exploration RPG, with visible combats and many quests and puzzles. Dedicated mini-games for thievery/lockpicking. Turn-based combat with monsters appearing "face-on" in separate combat screen, reminiscent of older RPGs. Graphics and map are pleasant and colourful, without being cartoony. Feels like Baldur's Gate and Might&Magic had a baby.
Good summary, but I would leave Baldur's Gate out here.
LoX imho is a great game, but it has very little in common with BG.

I think the combat is more like Might and Magic - not hero of might and magic. I find it so far a very good game; I need to restart. The only two things that bugged me about the game is they more or less force you to take a certain path that has a bit of back and forth (the 'force' aspect is via difficulty not invisible barrier) and the food mechanics can be a bit harsh on certain terrain if you don't plan for it way in advance.

Can anyone sum up this game for me in few sentences in their own words?

Completely awesome. Just started playing...old school feel.

Very much a Might and Magic 3-5 feel to the game, though combat plays out like Phantasie or perhaps an early Wizardy game. Your party and the enemy line up in rows two deep on the battlefield and then take turns whacking at each other based on initiative. Quests and story are very simple, but make sense within the context of the story. Basically, you had a good king who worshipped all the gods equally. When he dies his wicked sons worship the god of all bad things and you have to kick butt :)

too bad the sales were bad :(, they need more advertise, alot of ppl never heard of it

too bad the sales were bad :(, they need more advertise, alot of ppl never heard of it

Sales are bad? It's not even out yet....

Hmm, it does not sound like a game for me. I didn't even play MMX yet (and I probably will not). I don't like when I cannot move individual party members during combat and when movement is not a tactic (I enjoy putting my rogue behind enemies in IWDEE to get a backstab).

Back
Top Bottom