Black Myth: Wukong - Gameplay Demo Video

So another English subbed Chinese RPG game then? Looks interesting but I'll pass. If anyone ever plays this when it's released please leave a small review I'm curious.:)

So another English subbed Chinese RPG game then?
What are you talking about?
I see another dodge and wait till QTE window opens to hit darksouls rubbish.

Monkey king, if ever existed, is turning in it's grave.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?
I see another dodge and wait till QTE window opens to hit darksouls rubbish.

Monkey king, if ever existed, is turning in it's grave.

It's a Chinese website that requires translation just to read. So you tell me what it says. As for being a Souls-Clone not surprised as that genre is very popular nowadays.:)

Seems the google chrome translator is bonkers. Basically Engrish.:lol:

Well…

Setting: dark&gritty bullshit - and no humor.
Time to rewatch:

Hmmm... I'm not really a fan of Dark Souls-like games but I thought this looked pretty good. Art and setting are cool - and the gameplay looks like it might not be too hardcore. I'm keeping an eye on this.

I like the visuals and the combat looks decent. Just hope there's some substance to the style. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Looks really amazing. If the end game will be good as this trailer, I definitely buy it.

I love Souls games. Actual ones, by From, because most of the other similar games aren't very good. But if this one is, you can bet I'm interested.

Some of the bosses look interesting. I like the little touches like where the big dog's fur going on fire when you hit it with a flaming weapon. My only knowledge about the Monkey legend is from the 70s (80s?) TV show, but it looks like you can ride on a cloud and I remember that from the show. :) Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on this.

I don't know how good this will be game-play wise but it looks absolutely stunning.

Something feels off about the combat and I can't put my finger on it.

OK, this time I watched more minutes of the video and realized the Beast faces are here, because its about Monkey King! Yaaay!. :D Actually that white-grey furry wolf demon looked amazing! I forgot tech advanced so far by now that they can do animated fur looking this good!

After careful consideration I was getting the usual Tencent Games vibes. I was almost right. Seems a few Ex-Tencent employees found the development studio.

Link - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...k-myth-wukong-is-taking-the-internet-by-storm
So, what is Game Science? It was founded in 2014 by former Tencent Games staff, and has created a raft of games, but Black Myth: Wukon is its first attempt at what would be considered a premium, single-player title.

According to South China Morning Post, within a day of being uploaded, Black Myth: Wukon's gameplay demo video saw 10m views on Chinese video site Bilibili and nearly 2m on YouTube. It was also a top-trending hashtag on Weibo and Douyin, China's equivalent of Twitter and TikTok respectively.

Game Science's operations director Lan Weiyi said the decision to develop a triple-A game was made in 2017 after the team realised there were more Steam users from China than the US.

"At the time, there were already more than 1 million Chinese gamers playing Grand Theft Auto on Steam," Lan wrote on Chinese online platform Zhihu. "Then we realised that China's premium games market was going through a transformation."

It seems like early days. Game Science is after a publisher and more developers. But already Black Myth: Wukon is one to watch.

It indeed looks gorgeous and detailed, and the fact that boss reacts to different types of damage is amazing and give them character (I felt sorry for that wolf beast!). Good stuff, but I hope there is more to this than just combat.

Some of the bosses look interesting. I like the little touches like where the big dog's fur going on fire when you hit it with a flaming weapon. My only knowledge about the Monkey legend is from the 70s (80s?) TV show, but it looks like you can ride on a cloud and I remember that from the show. :) Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on this.
Last time I watched a movie about the monkey king legend was Jackie Chan's & Jet Li's movie The Forbidden Kingdom all the way back in 2008. It wasn't that bad of a movie.

Back
Top Bottom