Suggestions for heaviest RTS games

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad
Close I'm looking for the most Heavy, Deep, complex gameplay but not UI, real time strategy game that I can find and also that has good multiplayer capability such as Paradox RTS games, something along the lines of Rise of Nations but is heavy and complex as possible.
I've played a lot of paradox games like Europa universalis, hearts of iron, Stellaris, imperator Rome supreme ruler games those are all Heavy RTS games.
Something like the total war games are not exactly what we're looking for for multiplayer because all they have is Skirmish mode looking for something that has a full multiplayer support a campaign or same as single-mode like the Paradox games.
Rise of Nations is something like that but I hope there's something little bit heavier and more complex than that same goes for like Age of Empires which seems too simple.

Please offer some suggestions on which RTS games are the heaviest and but also have full multiplayer modes not just skirmish modes thank you

Have you ever played Homeworld ?

As a fun fact, there was once a game using a similar engine, and it was RTS as well, but not very much "heavy" : The game accompanying the Disney movie "The Treasure Planet", made, if I remember correctly, with the same engine, or a similar one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Planet:_Battle_at_Procyon
If you are looking for more fun RTS, this might be worth a look, especially since the ships' movements are on a 2D plane, and not 3D like in Homeworld.

Can't really help you as I'm not interested in multiplayer for my RTS games. The ones I play are for the single-player campaign, and usually they just have Skirmish mode.

Anyway you could try these games.

• Ashes of the Singularity
  • Company of Heroes
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division 2
  • StarCraft 2
  • World in Conflict
  • Wargame: European Escalation
  • Wargame: AirLand Battle
  • Wargame: Red Dragon

Back