John McAfee dies in prison

"McAfee said in 2019 that he had not paid U.S. income taxes for eight years for ideological reasons."

Yeah, the same ideology most hyper-rich people have. It's all mine, mine, mine. I'm totally cool with benefitting in a thousand ways from the laws and institutions where I live, but I draw the line at giving one cent back.

Let the conspiracy theories begin…

They began before his death -- started by the man himself.

E4l-HUVWEAQHPYg

I don't think Wesley ate heaviest drugs for breakfast.

RIP McAfee, I want all your drugs. Won't happen I know, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Begin? I think this bloke lost his mind around '92, and then later was thought to be involved in some murder, enough to the point he was civilly sued in Florida and lost. I'm totally expecting to hear that he hung with Epstein. He was stable and brilliant in the seventies/eighties, then something seriously went wrong. This recent tax dodge was the least of his many, many issues.

Yeah, the same ideology most hyper-rich people have. It's all mine, mine, mine. I'm totally cool with benefitting in a thousand ways from the laws and institutions where I live, but I draw the line at working for it.

Which ironically is the same ideology as the opposing class.

Disclaimer : *Please note the above is not a direct quote but has been modified from the original*

Last edited:
Fixed?
I added a disclaimer.

Last edited:
It is strange that some people from the computing business have such sad life developments.
This somewhat reminds me of Phil Katz, the inventor of the .ZIP file format (based on others).

That is not connected with IT but with the money. I mean, Britney Spears is not into computers, Whitney Houston wasn't either, right?
Too much of money plus bad influences never ends well.

There's far too much greed going on these days, imho.

Indeed. Take basic greed, mix in some alcohol, drugs, and a penchant for not caring the least about your fellow person, and you've got some serious toxic soup. And they'll even deliver or serve to go.

Unfortunately, I think McAfee had some serious mental illness but also had enough money to enable him and avoid seeking help. Until the end when he landed in prison, no matter how much trouble he got into he could keep moving to new countries and pick and choose the people around him. I wonder if he would have done better without being wealthy, if it would have kept him more teathered and forced him to seek help at some point. Instead, with his money, he was able to indulge in every bad decision and run away from the consequences. Until now at least.

Yay, conspiracy theories!

I'd say he probably didn't kill himself. But, also, without his drugs he was probably feeling pretty terrible and not in his right mind. But, also, they do make it crazy hard to kill yourself in prison cells.

Welcome to 2021 where objectivism is about to be cancelled and reality is what you want to believe.

Trippy John Shined Like a Crazy Diamond:
In the 60's this was called "enlightenment", in the 70's this was called "escape", in the 80's this was "fun", in the 90's this was "rage", in the 00's this was "extreme", in the 10's this was "ignorance", in the 20' this is "conspiracy".

Pick your poison. :)

Back
Top Bottom