How many RPGs do you own?

How many RPGs do you own on your favorite platform?

• 1-10

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 11-25

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 26-40

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 41-70

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 71-100

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 101-150

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 151+

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
So does anyone actually own a game nowadays?

As you basically just buy a digital license to download and play on the various digital storefronts. You can lose that right at anytime as well. GOG might be the exception.

Can you ever really own a rpg how many times do you have to play it to make it your own

Sorry I am awake way past my bedtime because of the US coup attempt

So does anyone actually own a game nowadays?

As you basically just buy a digital license to download and play on the various digital storefronts. You can lose that right at anytime as well. GOG might be the exception.
Good point, same for emails and other things too. I hate that so much. But when I say so, people around me look me a little bit condescendingly and remind me how convenient this is, and that's the future anyway :roll:

Steam says I own 57 RPGs but I don't agree with Steam definition of "RPG". I own 12 RPGs in GoG.

So I own about 70 RPGs by Steam definition but I'd say more realistically about 40 RPGs.

In Steam library you could just right click, Add to, new collection and sort your games that way instead of removing them from your account. Just make a new collection called trash tier games and keep it closed. Or even just uninstall and then only display installed games.

PS. Steam reckons I have 188 RPGs and I can't be bothered arguing with it.

RPG's on PC

I have 647 as calculated by GO Galaxy. Anyone have more?

Bad poll question.

Most of us own RPGs for multiple platforms, including PCs, consoles, handhelds, tablets, phones, etc. My favorite platform is currently XBox, so do I just ignore the mountain of RPGs I've collected for the PC over the years?

What about RPGs I used to own, but have sold, traded, trashed or misplaced?
Do digital games count? (You don't technically own those.)
What about RPGs that were rented, borrowed, or *ahem* copied?
Do RPGs on a subscription service count (e.g. GamePass)?
What if we own multiple copies of the same game (e.g. digital & physical)?
Should I only count games I've actually played?

Do we count bundles, GOTY editions, expansions, and remasters/remakes separately?
For example, I have owned multiple versions of Bards Tale 1, two of them boxed:
BT1 (C64), BT1 (Amiga), BT1 (PC-download), and the remastered Bard's Tale Trilogy (PC-Steam), Bard's Tale Trilogy (PC-GamePass), and Bard's Tale Trilogy (XB1-GamePass). So, how many is that? Based on the poll question, I'd guess ZERO since my platform of choice is currently XBox and I don't actually own the GamePass download.

Like I said, bad poll question.

The poll question should've been phrased,
"How many RPGs do you have in your collection, excluding duplicates?"

My suggestion for the next poll question,
"How many RPGs have you played to completion?"

The poll question should've been phrased,
"How many RPGs do you have in your collection, excluding duplicates?"

If you noticed, many people decided - instead of 'tone policing' the question - to provide their own context behind the answer. You could have chosen that route … instead of choosing one that instead says more about you.

My suggestion for the next poll question,
"How many RPGs have you played to completion?"

That is a good question …

… but in your spirit of nitpicking questions, the question is obviously deficient because it doesn't account for if you completed it multiple times, or multiple versions, or on multiple OS versions or different platforms (consoles), or made it to the final boss but couldn't defeat so you quit, or …

:)

Last edited:
Bad poll question.
If we would try to make a poll inclusive for all possible opportunities and outliers, it wouldn't be possible to create a poll anymore because it is too complicated.
Perhaps we could make a poll that exactly fits your needs, but how would we then make it fit the needs of the others on this forum?

So, we don't even bother trying and just make the poll simple and leave it to our visitors to figure it out what they are going to answer. It is not like we are looking for any statistical value in the outcome of the poll, it is just supposed to be fun and spur some discussion.

Back
Top Bottom