Lords of Ravage - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Lords of Ravage has been announced and is described as a reverse dungeon crawl RPG/TBS game when you are the boss at the end of the dungeon.

Lords of Ravage Dev Diary 1: Announcement.

Hello everyone, ShiftyCode here with a new dev diary series! Today, I am proud to officially announce our next project: Lords of Ravage. It is a reverse dungeon crawl RPG/TBS game when you are the boss at the end of the dungeon. If you haven't seen our trailer, check it out:

The Idea.

Ever since the original Dungeon Keeper, I was fascinated by the games that let you experience the gameplay from the other side. You're used to picking quests around the world, but what if you are the quest giver? You are used to shopping for items, but what if you are an item shop owner? You are used to carefully babysitting a party of the heroes in a dungeon crawler, but what if your party will be completely expandable? Those are by no means novel concepts, but I think they are underrepresented in games nevertheless. So I've decided to twist the original dungeon crawler formula and focus on the gameplay side of things.

Gameplay.

In this game, you play as one of the Lords of Ravage. You roam the world in a desperate search for a powerful artifact thought to be only a legend. The gameplay consists of sending your minions on a lot of missions, some of which will be presented as short visual novel-styled experiences. Those experiences usually involve cutscenes and some choices that will affect the combat conditions, lead to additional rewards or allow to skip the combat altogether. In combat, you deploy your "followers" - units with unique abilities and mechanics that are totally expendable, adding to this "I am the evil overlord" feeling that this game is aiming for. And of course, you can reveal yourself at any point, personally dealing with the heroes. The game will be pretty challenging though, as you can easily run out of your followers if not careful, or end up with a severely wounded leader facing fierce heroes.

As usual, stay tuned for more dev diaries and help us to spread the word about the game!

Discord

More information.

Back
Top Bottom