The "I Just Bought" thread - Page 40 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread

Default The "I Just Bought" thread

September 6th, 2018, 00:22
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Since I was no longer gonna get Battlefield 5, I went for Shadow of the Tomb Raider instead.

Ditto!
Hurls is offline

Hurls

Hurls's Avatar
Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

#781

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 02:13
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I always tend to buy the cheaper ones when i'm out of space 250-500GB.

I really should just sell them all off and buy the biggest i can find, would be so nice to have it all on 1 drive, and my case would be way less cluttered. I have 7 HDD's in my system, though one is just an old (but large) SATA drive.

Latest purchase, hardware sequencer "Pyramid" from Squarp. It's awesome!



(most likely uninteresting to 99.9% of all forum members)
The man who mods flowers and trees is also a DJ ?

Great!!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is offline

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#782

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 09:53
Destiny 2 - Forsaken.
Endless Legend - Inferno.

Darth Tagnan

Guest

#783

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 12:09
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I always tend to buy the cheaper ones when i'm out of space 250-500GB.

I really should just sell them all off and buy the biggest i can find, would be so nice to have it all on 1 drive, and my case would be way less cluttered. I have 7 HDD's in my system, though one is just an old (but large) SATA drive.

Latest purchase, hardware sequencer "Pyramid" from Squarp. It's awesome!



(most likely uninteresting to 99.9% of all forum members)
I don't know what that is but I am interested

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#784

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 21:51
@Pladio a sequencer is used to control synths and make music
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#785

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,189
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 22:33
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
@Pladio a sequencer is used to control synths and make music
So, is it just for electronic/digital music or can you use it with a piano for example ?
What does it achieve ? Is it to mix music ?
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#786

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 22:36
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
So, is it just for electronic/digital music or can you use it with a piano for example ?
What does it achieve ? Is it to mix music ?
It's for writing music. It can only be used for synths with either MIDI or Control Voltage, that's how they can recognize what to play

Hardware sequencers are really a thing of the past since most people (including myself, previously) do it on a computer with a nice big screen. But i tend to think computers are very boring and uninspiring as instruments for creating music, when i make music i want to get away from them, if i can.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#787

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,189
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Default 

September 6th, 2018, 23:02
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
It's for writing music. It can only be used for synths with either MIDI or Control Voltage, that's how they can recognize what to play

Hardware sequencers are really a thing of the past since most people (including myself, previously) do it on a computer with a nice big screen. But i tend to think computers are very boring and uninspiring as instruments for creating music, when i make music i want to get away from them, if i can.
Well, all I can say is enjoy
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#788

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
+1:

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 13:05
New car. We replaced the 15 year old Corolla with a new Hyundai Ioniq Plugin hybrid. The Corolla has been very reliable, extremely few problems with it all those years, but it IS rather old now. Usually we drive less that 30 km each day so around 90+% of the time the Hyundai will run puretly electric, even in winter. We will also occasionally, especially when we retire, take it for longer rides, hence the hybrid.

It was a democar, very well equiipped and at a very good price (for Norway - 250000 NOK, 30000 USD, 25000EUR).

We'll get it later this week, but here's a photo from the net of the same model with the same colour.:



pibbur who chose not to mention the oranges and bananas he bought later that day.
Last edited by pibbur who; September 16th, 2018 at 14:15.

pibbur who

Guest

#789

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 13:22
That looks rather smart in gunmetal grey. Much nicer than most of the EVs, which tend to be designed to resemble one of the minor Transformers in disguise.

Very nice to be able to glide around town on a charge, and just fire up the pistons for long journeys.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#790

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,616
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 15:49
Fallout 76 including beta access
Hurls is offline

Hurls

Hurls's Avatar
Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

#791

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 16:21
I like music gear myself, but I'm not in a mood to put in the work to make it at the moment. I also enjoy the analog/non-computer stuff. But I sold some gear off and bought an ASUS 1080ti Turbo Edition. $450, quite a good deal on a gently used one from Ebay. I'm excited about seeing GTA V in all its glory.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#792

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 20:38
I got another can of Tuna; I think the last can didn't last long…
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#793

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 7,428
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 02:03
Got myself a Deflector Shield



Now i can finally quote Palpatine, and i won't even be lying

loading…
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#794

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,189
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 17:26
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
New car. We replaced the 15 year old Corolla with a new Hyundai Ioniq Plugin hybrid. The Corolla has been very reliable, extremely few problems with it all those years, but it IS rather old now. Usually we drive less that 30 km each day so around 90+% of the time the Hyundai will run puretly electric, even in winter. We will also occasionally, especially when we retire, take it for longer rides, hence the hybrid.

It was a democar, very well equiipped and at a very good price (for Norway - 250000 NOK, 30000 USD, 25000EUR).

We'll get it later this week, but here's a photo from the net of the same model with the same colour.:



pibbur who chose not to mention the oranges and bananas he bought later that day.
'dem wheels! I foresee many a chick will turn when they see our Pibbur cruising through town.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.
BoboTheMighty is offline

BoboTheMighty

BoboTheMighty's Avatar
SasqWatch

#795

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 18:51
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
'dem wheels! I foresee many a chick will turn when they see our Pibbur cruising through town.
When they see the car - maybe. Then when they see pibbur - not as likely (unless we're taling about turning away).

pibbur who has few (il/de)lusions.

pibbur who

Guest

#796

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 20:56
@vurt, You wouldn't be interested in some analog gear I'm selling, would you? I still have a few pieces I have yet to list on Ebay. 2 Zoom RFX-2000 effects units, awesome for mangling up synths or mics! 1 Zoom RFX-1000 which has many effects and an XLR input. I also have a really great Fostex 3070 analog compressor from the '70s. Super grungy, Nirvana used them to get the "radio sound of the '70s". It sounds great and has loop inputs so you can run effects into it to trigger the compression. I'm soon going to go all digital if I go back to making music at all, so the analog stuff is taking up space right now. If you have any interest let me know! Asking much less than top dollar for them as I could use any money at all right now + the extra space it frees up. Cheers.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#797

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 21:05
@TheRealFluent thanks but i'm completely done for both this month and the next lol. I'm also in Sweden which means very high shipping + taxes and payment to customs for handling (how nice, having to pay for a service i didn't exactly ask for..) + some extra taxes on the shipping(!) and for the item itself.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#798

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,189
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 21:13
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
@TheRealFluent thanks but i'm completely done for both this month and the next lol. I'm also in Sweden which means very high shipping + taxes and payment to customs for handling (how nice, having to pay for a service i didn't exactly ask for..) + some extra taxes on the shipping(!) and for the item itself.
No problem. I'll probably list these on Ebay in the next few days. Already sold my ARP Odyssey and a few other pieces, so these should hopefully sell too.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#799

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

September 19th, 2018, 18:25
Got the new car today. So far so good. Motors comes on and off when I want them to, pedals and steering wheel are postiioned and work (almost) as usual, and it's actually quite pleasant driving it.

But:
  1. It's my first car with an automatic gearbox, never used that before. So my left foot has a hard time, desperately seeking a non existing clutch pedal whenever I'm slowing down/breaking. If it was up to me, I would have kept the manual gearbox. But the wife wanted an automatic, and she's the one who will drive the car most of the time. So I rolled over. Hopefully I'll get used to it before it's time to replace the car in 10 years or so.

  2. It comes with a 630 p user manual! Cars certainly have got a lot of new features, some of them I didn't know existed, since last time I bought one, more than 15 years ago. I'm afraid that my gaming time will be severly limited in the foreseeable future.

pibbur who looks forward to the first dent, after that, driving will be much more relaxed.

pibbur who

Guest

#800

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:10.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch