Greedfall - Launch Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Launch Trailer

Default Greedfall - Launch Trailer

September 9th, 2019, 16:04
Im also interested to find out if Spiders managed to pull this one off. Many here already liked their previous games, which I never tried myself. Maybe this will be my first Spiders game, if references and reviews are positive.
--
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

Charles Bukowski

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 9th, 2019, 16:51
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I brought it over the weekend and when I left for work this morning it was preloading …

I have to work Tuesday, however, so no staying up past midnight to try it so will have to wait till Tuesday, boo!
You can play until 3 am. 5 hours of sleep is more than enough

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

September 9th, 2019, 17:15
Some guy who got an early unlock on Steam says the game is awsome:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/60688…6237664468862/
After my comment he made his profile public so you can see he played it for 33 hours and shared some screenshots.

Me… I won't be sharing any early impressions before tomorrow's noon CET. Need to play the game at least a few hours first.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
+1:

September 9th, 2019, 17:43
This game is starting to tick all the right boxes. Just waiting for some more impressions

zypek

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 9th, 2019, 20:41
It's leading the top sellers list on Steam right now.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Age of Empires II

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

September 10th, 2019, 00:09
It's decrypting!

For those who are on wait:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09…eedfall-review
GreedFall Review in Progress

At roughly 35 hours in with seemingly plenty more to go, GreedFall is almost everything I want out of a big, juicy, old-school RPG.
https://www.destructoid.com/review-i…l-566270.phtml
Review in Progress: Greedfall

Greedfall seemed particularly interesting to me, though it's hard to pinpoint why. I guess I've just been hankering for a solid RPG to come by and satisfy a hole left by Divinity Original Sin 2.

While perhaps not up to that same level, Greedfall has made a pretty great impression on me so far.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 10th, 2019, 00:18
@joxer Its ready! They released early. Maybe a prebuy thing. But it just unlocked for me and its 6:16 pm

@Pladio Well I work 7am to 3:30pm and have to be up by 6am to make it by then. But it just unlocked so going to be able to play tonight so its good!

Woohoo

Plus will leave work at 1:30pm tomorrow for some extra time … assuming I like what I see tonight. I am hyped but one never knows till you actually play for a while.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2019, 02:27
I have to show a shot of course. Going with Mage based character. Initial skill trees/perk - charisma (going to companion, dialogue, and merchant boost) and will power (for more magic).

Still not sure about mage or melee though. Will try both for an hour or two I think. All set on the looks of my character though - that I am happy with.

EDIT: Also of note - the basic structure of the game itself reminds me a great deal of Technomancer. The three combat trees and switching styles between them, the movement of the characters, the way they open/close doors, interaction, etc.

It is similar enough that I have quickly felt at home with the game based on recently playing Technomancer.

One area the lack of a AAA budget shows, to me, is the speech and lip sync. The tongues don't move and the teeth are a bit overdone. Its a bit disconcerting although not a huge deal. Just a little spoiled from AAA games in that area.

I like the voice acting and the dialogue - it fits in well with the culture. Also characters in general look very good considering this is Spiders. The City of Serene looks great.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by wolfgrimdark; September 10th, 2019 at 03:21.

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

September 10th, 2019, 03:47
I don't think I've ever seen a wolfgrimdark character with so little hair.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

September 10th, 2019, 04:02
I agree thus I had to correct that in my game:

Anyway, a hint. Wanna solve sidequests without violence? Get lockpicks as your initial trick regardless of your future plans.
Spoiler

No I didn't do it myself, thought diplomacy will be enough for anything… It wasn''t.
Yes there is a skill reset at the end of this area, but cmon.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 10th, 2019, 14:37
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I agree thus I had to correct that in my game:

Anyway, a hint. Wanna solve sidequests without violence? Get lockpicks as your initial trick regardless of your future plans.
Spoiler

No I didn't do it myself, thought diplomacy will be enough for anything… It wasn''t.
Yes there is a skill reset at the end of this area, but cmon.
@joxer - I need more context please as I normally go with charisma points first and since I only just started may switch first point to lock …

Spoiler

EDIT: PS - Like your character Joxer. He has a sly rogue like look to him in that shot. A good choice on the hair and hair color.

@JDR13 - That is probably because you have only seen a small subset of my characters My main character in Skyrim of 6 years was bald/shaven. While my main character, Fenn, in FO4 has hair I also have a military shaved head character as well. I tend to prefer short to shaved for hair but really depends on the hair style options and what looks best, and fits best, for the character.

The hair in this game isn't that bad surprisingly and I was tempted to use some but in the end liked the stubble look.

I still plan on being a savage sympathizer though I already can't stand the the Thelme (sp?) faction - I hope I get to destroy them instead. Not a fan of religious fanatics who try to convert people, especially by force.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

September 11th, 2019, 01:31
Nevermind @joxer too late. But you don't need lockpicking, just good charisma which I had, so it all worked out without any violence at all
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Launch Trailer