Divinity: Fallen Heroes - Put On Hold

Dragon Commander Mistake #2

Nooooooooooooo!
I really wanted that game.

BG3 can wait for a decade more for all I care.

No this is good news, I prefer much more another expeditions game than a crippled divinity with no story using the shitty armor system combat from D2

I have disliked the way Larian has gone for quite a while. Im just not interested in the direction they want to take their games. Not a huge fan of D:OS 1 and 2, and I think Divinity 2 was a far better game. But "strategic" seems to be the current buzzword that people want so I am likely in the minority. Have close to zero interest in Baldurs Gate3.

No this is good news, I prefer much more another expeditions game than a crippled divinity with no story using the shitty armor system combat from D2

Weird that, because Expeditions: Conquistador was, for me, one of the worst games I've played/tried this year. I absolutely hated it, uninstalled after 10 hours. It put me off from even loading up Vikings.

I see quite a few people on this site are big fans of Vikings, so I might at least try it one day when the nasty taste of Conquistadors has fully worn off, but could you be a dear and say exactly what it is you liked so much about Conquistadors? Cos I have a 'meh' approach to this news for completely the opposite reason to you it seems ;)

Was really looking forward to this one since it's the same genre as Solasta, it's quite a bummer.

Thank GOD!! Looks like my Time-Assassin project was a success and the developers have been thoroughly intimidated!

You sure about that?
I still see Diablo4 goes to phones while pay2win&lootboxes scams are stronger than ever.

If this get BG3 done faster it’s worth the sacrifice to me.
I don't think it is even related.
Logic Artists worked on Fallen Heroes, not Larian themselves.

I can't be sure, of course, but this smells more like some disagreement (be it in vision or financially) to me.

Sad news to me :( This is a game I would have played myself.

Weird that, because Expeditions: Conquistador was, for me, one of the worst games I've played/tried this year. I absolutely hated it, uninstalled after 10 hours. It put me off from even loading up Vikings.

I see quite a few people on this site are big fans of Vikings, so I might at least try it one day when the nasty taste of Conquistadors has fully worn off, but could you be a dear and say exactly what it is you liked so much about Conquistadors? Cos I have a 'meh' approach to this news for completely the opposite reason to you it seems ;)

I'd actually say that conquistador is the better game. Vikings has quite a few mechanics which just don't work, while Conquistador has almost no issues. Ofc you can still not like it for various reasons (setting, character system, whatever).

I wasn't really interested in this since it seemed mostly about the combat part of D:OS2 (I assume based on mechanics in No 2) ? i.e. probably insane amount of elemental surfaces, armour values through the roof….enemies who have the best abilities (always) and seem to know what abilities you have too (and exactly how to counter them)…fun times. not. I have been replaying D:OS2…I blinded a character, who then climbed down a ladder (blind) and proceed to navigate across a map full of elemental surfaces (avoiding all of course) to stand next to my character and attack them… :wideeyed:

Back
Top Bottom