The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup - Page 5 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup

Default The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup

October 28th, 2019, 21:22
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Also, the game is very, very easy. I recommend bumping it up to hard at least.
I would consider a harder difficulty level than hard if there was one, but Supernova has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with tedious inconvenience. Eating, drinking, sleeping, all that stuff. And there's no way I'm going to play in a mode that lets companions die permanently. It's too easy for that to happen, and having them around is a huge highlight for me.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

Sentinel

#81

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2019, 21:45
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I would consider a harder difficulty level than hard if there was one, but Supernova has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with tedious inconvenience. Eating, drinking, sleeping, all that stuff. And there's no way I'm going to play in a mode that lets companions die permanently. It's too easy for that to happen, and having them around is a huge highlight for me.
Yeah, that's why I omitted it. Losing party members permanently is a huge reason for me to avoid it, and I think if that bothers anyone else, hard mode is the best they're going to get in the meantime.
--
~Watching since 2007~
Ragnaris is offline

Ragnaris

Ragnaris's Avatar
Sentinel

#82

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2019, 23:40
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Yeah, that's why I omitted it. Losing party members permanently is a huge reason for me to avoid it, and I think if that bothers anyone else, hard mode is the best they're going to get in the meantime.
I mentioned it because you wrote "at least", so lest anyone think a difficulty setting higher than hard might be desirable, I thought I'd point out the drawbacks.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

Sentinel

#83

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 00:19
I would consider the Supernova mode if it weren't for the permadeath of companions as well. Since I have very little control over my companions that just doesn't seem like a good idea. As far as I'm aware none of them have been downed so far, but still…
TomRon is offline

TomRon

TomRon's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#84

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 04:36
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
I would consider the Supernova mode if it weren't for the permadeath of companions as well. Since I have very little control over my companions that just doesn't seem like a good idea. As far as I'm aware none of them have been downed so far, but still…
Are you playing on Hard? If so, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep your companions from being downed, because they drop like flies as soon as I go above Normal difficulty.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#85

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 26,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 14:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Are you playing on Hard? If so, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep your companions from being downed, because they drop like flies as soon as I go above Normal difficulty.
Not sure actually, I've been jumping up and down between hard and normal. I think I've had it mostly on normal the latest hours in game though. Will tweak it up and see what happens.
TomRon is offline

TomRon

TomRon's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#86

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 16:10
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Are you playing on Hard? If so, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep your companions from being downed, because they drop like flies as soon as I go above Normal difficulty.
I give each of my companions the 30% health bonus perk. And I try to pick off as many enemies from distance first. But I have only 20 points into the two leadership stats, so it's quite likely different for other character builds that don't need to play as defensively.
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#87

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,795
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 17:39
Slavs are on the rise, rpg-wise. Young and wild and boisterous, while westerners are wallowing in their decadence and filth (!!!). Kind of like the fall of Roman empire.
( Imagine Vavra and Iwinski charging at Todd Howard and Fearghus)
Bobo is offline

Bobo

Watcher

#88

Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2019, 22:21
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I give each of my companions the 30% health bonus perk. And I try to pick off as many enemies from distance first. But I have only 20 points into the two leadership stats, so it's quite likely different for other character builds that don't need to play as defensively.
I gave Pavartie that perk and a decent helmet, and she's doing better now. I'm also being more patient about scouting enemies first and positioning her to set up a crossfire once the enemies attack me.

I'm still only level 7, but I'm warming to this game fast. It's definitely better than my first impression. I'm enjoying the exploration, and there seems to be a lot of cool locations to stumble upon. I just wish the companion AI was better and that they could use items.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#89

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 26,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:24.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch