What games are you playing now? - Page 622 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

November 13th, 2019, 17:24
You don't get it. I don't decide if I like something. I feel if I like it. There is no emotions dead part in it.
Precisely, you feel you like it - and then you like it. Before you actually think about it and play it properly, with an open mind.

Anyway, I think this is enough of that. We're wasting time.

BriefDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

November 13th, 2019, 18:14
No. I didn't decide just because of trolling (you?) to hate mmos and coops. I tried and played 3478563846587345683 of those before realization it's all the same scammy or boring bullshit.
Except LoL. It's not scammy. Eventually, after 89458936893 hours in it becomes boring, but well, at least isn't since it's first minute.

Instead of analyzing me and drawing some, IMO, wrong conclusions, perhaps you should analyze games you're playing (overhyped or overrated titles) and want to repeat their succes. I'm not a part of the mainstream "long live the mediocrity" audience.
It's just a friendly suggestion as obviously you've became a businessman or a therapist instead of a player searching for fun.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)

November 13th, 2019, 18:19
Right now, it's pineapple juice and protein bars

You're a lot more mainstream than most on the Watch, though.

But that's not a bad thing, we need a wider audience than the archaic throwback fans, which take up most of this place.

Also, one of the few advantages of having analyzed people for so many years, is that you don't actually have to bother to analyze individuals much at all.

We're much more alike than unlike, despite what appearances might suggest.
Last edited by BriefDArt; November 13th, 2019 at 18:37.

BriefDArt

November 13th, 2019, 18:55
Originally Posted by BriefDArt View Post
But that's not a bad thing, we need a wider audience than the archaic throwback fans, which take up most of this place.
So what exactly was so unthrowback about Anthem? What were you seeing that most of the other players were missing?

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

November 13th, 2019, 19:24
I'm STILL playing Outer Worlds to my surprise. I'm just a loot hoar and exploration junkie. I'm trying to clear Monarch of baddies and it's almost impossible. There are so many mobs in this region. I think I've gone from 14-15 to level 21. I have over 5000 rounds of heavy ammo even though I'm a sniper and that's what I use the most. The other ammo amounts are much higher.

I should play the quests, but I'd rather just snoop, murder, and loot. Quests mostly close themselves when I finally head into the main towns of each planet. Fun game.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
+1:

November 13th, 2019, 19:26
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I'm STILL playing Outer Worlds to my surprise. I'm just a loot hoar and exploration junkie. I'm trying to clear Monarch of baddies and it's almost impossible. There are so many mobs in this region. I think I've gone from 14-15 to level 21. I have over 5000 rounds of heavy ammo even though I'm a sniper and that's what I use the most. The other ammo amounts are much higher.

I should play the quests, but I'd rather just snoop, murder, and loot. Quests mostly close themselves when I finally head into the main towns of each planet. Fun game.
How many hours in?

BriefDArt

November 13th, 2019, 20:11
Finally got a bit of time for gaming! I'm running through Hearkenwold on the Iceblink Engine again with a fresh party, to try the new content. I've also started a run-through of Knights of the Chalice, this time taking two wizards (and a knight and cleric) instead of two knights. It's lots of slow paced fun, and I'm very excited for the second one.

Pongo

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 02:57
RDR2, and having never played RDR or RDR2 on console the learning curve is ballistic! Fun though.

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 03:56
Everquest the first, the new Miragul server, and loving it so far. You start off at level 85 which means everyone can group, and so far the population seems stable with very little nastiness. I found a couple of European folks to hang with and have been enjoying this content that I've not played before, thankfully my new mates know the ropes. Is it as great as it was back in the day? No, and I doubt it could ever be. I would say though, it does well standing on its own. Am I having a good time? You bet!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 09:51
I'm playing Metro Exodus (via M$ game pass), after finishing the two predecessors. It is excellent. The end.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

November 14th, 2019, 10:53
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
I'm playing Metro Exodus (via M$ game pass), after finishing the two predecessors. It is excellent. The end.
Still my GotY so far.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 12:53
Jedi Fallen Order is out tomorrow.

To play or not to play?

BriefDArt

November 14th, 2019, 13:36
Jedi Fallen Order is out tomorrow.

To play or not to play?
That's my question is as well but I thought it released today on PC with Origin?

Origin premium is £14 per month and thats enough to play the game. Or get it on PS4 and sell it after a month and get most of the money back? Thats the second question!

Also it seems PS4 price is £45 but all legit sources have it for £55 hmm….

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 13:44
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
That's my question is as well but I thought it released today on PC with Origin?

Origin premium is £14 per month and thats enough to play the game. Or get it on PS4 and sell it after a month and get most of the money back? Thats the second question!

Also it seems PS4 price is £45 but all legit sources have it for £55 hmm….
Never go console when you can go PC

I'm considering the premium thing, as I'm weak and need a game.

But I'm not getting the best of feelings for this game.

On the one hand, it's a competent developer. But, on the other hand, everything about it smacks of being designed by committee - which is the not-DArt way of making games.

My gut feeling is that we're looking at a 65-75 metacritic Souls clone with Star Wars flavor - and that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

BriefDArt

November 14th, 2019, 13:50
Never go console when you can go PC
Thats generally true. However, my CPU is struggling a bit with new games as per my other post.

Secondly, new PC games seems to be very expansive compared to consoles like £55 v £45 at release .

Thirdly, I seem to give up on many new game very quickly and given PC don't have second hand value, PS4 is very tempting as you can minimise your losses!

However this game is sort exception to the above as you can get it for £14 and its suck I have only wasted £14 and not £55!

I wasn't too keen on this game as well but I seem to have caught the SW bug so will give it a go!

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 13:54
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Thats generally true. However, my CPU is struggling a bit with new games as per my other post.

Secondly, new PC games seems to be very expansive compared to consoles like £55 v £45 at release .

Thirdly, I seem to give up on many new game very quickly and given PC don't have second hand value, PS4 is very tempting as you can minimise your losses!

However this game is sort exception to the above as you can get it for £14 and its suck I have only wasted £14 and not £55!

I wasn't too keen on this game as well but I seem to have caught the SW bug so will give it a go!
Upgrade time, my friend

I'll probably wait for a few reviews or impressions before I take the plunge.

BriefDArt

November 14th, 2019, 14:18
I'm definitely interested in Fallen Order. I think it looks like the first "good" SW game in a very long time.

That said, my gaming time is limited right now, and I'm not going to drop $60 until I know for sure.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

November 14th, 2019, 14:51
Fallen Order… Is that the game with running against walls and defying gravity?
I'm kinda not interested…

Details please. Is it singleplayer only and no classic EA bullshit (DLC)?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)

November 15th, 2019, 00:22
Finished Ori (fantastic), playing Hollow knight (good, Ori is better so far), still starting outer worlds (fixed low frame rate issue), just installed metro 2033 redux (UWP is a mess. The xbox game app login is just not working and Metro requires it), and chastising myself for not playing enough proper rpgs.

I need to (and want to) but games like Ori are just much easier to play 30 minutes at a time. Although maybe it is not exactly that, rpgs start slower I think. Once it gets going and I'm into the story and characters it will be ok. Anyone else have that problem? I kind of catched the latest attention span disorder from the younger generation.
Last edited by ilm; November 15th, 2019 at 00:37.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 17th, 2019, 23:26

For some reason I felt nostalgic for this game from the past, which I never actually managed to finish. So I'm going to give it another go. Severance: Blade of Darkness.

I'm shocked how well this has aged, especially gameplay-wise. It's superb. And it was very much ahead of its time. You can clearly see loads of elements that have made it into current day Dark Souls. Especially the brutal combat, and the maps which sometimes wind back on themselves.

Too bad you can only get this version on GOG. It's a real gem that should be in Steam also, to get further recognition. I'm curious why the publisher isn't doing anything. Codemasters are still alive right? Doing racing games I believe? Sad that these sorts of games tend to be forgotten.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?