Call of Saregnar - New Trailer

Getting a kind off Betrayal at Krondor vibe?

Developer has a thread in the indie section, and indeed Krondor was one of the main inspiration it seems!

It's nice to see the unique idea of using sprites and 3D objects but in a more modern form. I'm hoping we get to do some more exploration.

Looks cool, but I do not like the combat. I have been following this for some time, though, and I have faith in the developer. I hope the game is great.

Wow….other than taking gold box games as an inspiration, any team that's was heavily influenced by Betrayal at Krondor has my utmost respect. Talk about swinging for the fences, aim high and never look back, folks!

WOW! A way more interesting watch than poor Wasteland 3 trailer.
Any trailer is more interesting than mmo trailers…
Why did you watch mmo trailers in the first place?

Thanks guys for the warm response, and thank you HiddenX for posting the news.

BoK was one of my favorite games back in the day too and I'd love to play a Krondorlike.

I don't even think it's been tried very often, and certainly not for a very long time. There was the sort of mediocre vanilla BoK clone set in it's own universe that was released years ago whose name I forget. And there was another Krondor based RPG that really wasn't much like BoK, but which was also buggy, poorly balanced, and poorly received.

Betrayal in Antara was the first, and yes it was a rushed soulless clone of BaK. The second one was Return to Krondor - not a bad game, but very different from the original. AFAIK, nothing similar to BaK was attempted since.

Welcome to RPGWatch, Rhuantavan. While I'm not into BAK the game, it looks like the idea has a fanbase here. I've met Feist. Smart dude and really nice. He probably spent 20 minutes with me talking about Pug and Tomas(sp?). Pug is like one of my favorite mages ever.

That’s awesome. I wish I would meet him. Midkemia is a really nice setting. Read all of Feist’s books.

Btw, Feist didn’t have much to do with BaK. Neal Hallford wrote all of the story, many characters and dialogues.

Back
Top Bottom