|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Gameplay Video

Default Solasta - Gameplay Video

November 16th, 2019, 13:38
Turn Based Lovers checked out Solasta: Crown of the Magister:

Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Turn-based Rpg - Gameplay

loading…

We played Solasta: Crown of the Magister. One of the most promising #turnbased #RPGs currently in development. Find out how it ended.

ABOUT THE GAME
Roll for initiative, take attacks of opportunity, manage player location and the verticality of the battle field in this upcoming Turn-Based Tactical RPG by Tactical Adventures. In Solasta, you make the choices, dice decide your destiny.

In Solasta, you take control of four heroes, each with unique skills that complement one another. Every hero expresses themselves in the adventure, making each action and dialog choice a dynamic part to the story. Players will create their heroes just as they would in a pen-and-paper game choosing their race, class, personality and rolling for their stats.​

You make the choices, dice decide your destiny.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 17:45
Having turn-based for just walking around is a deal killer for me. The game looks mildly interesting but walking is going to be 80% of the play time.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 18:23
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Having turn-based for just walking around is a deal killer for me. The game looks mildly interesting but walking is going to be 80% of the play time.
Thats wasn't the case for the demo I played? Walking was normal/real time, TB only activated in combat. I didn't watch the clip, so maybe they did something weird

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 19:16
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Thats wasn't the case for the demo I played? Walking was normal/real time, TB only activated in combat. I didn't watch the clip, so maybe they did something weird
It's not the case in the video posted either. Looked like BG1/BG2 walking or other games like those.

Maybe it's all the auto pausing caused by all the tutorial popups that makes crpgnut believe that? They kinda bring down the video.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 19:54
I watched the first 20 minutes and the only auto pause was for scraping with the spiders. Looks good will keep an eye on it for release.

Terry

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 20:38
Well, definitely not for those suffering from ADHD and feel need for awesome button mashing, but other than that it looks like decent basis for another party-based, single-player adventure. These are great times to be cRPG lover.
--
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

Charles Bukowski

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

November 16th, 2019, 20:45
UI kills this one boring dead.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 20:54
As per Kickstarter, release is 2021. And considering experience from other Kickstarter projects it is super optimistic to expect release in 2022. Just wanted to mention it as some comments feel as if related to game thats being released next week.
--
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

Charles Bukowski

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 16th, 2019, 22:44
This looks promising to me. Combat looks decent, UI is very nice. Question is how good the story will be. Worth keeping an eye on I think.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

November 17th, 2019, 10:21
I`m Liking it and i backed it (especially just to support these guys) but i am kind of skeptical as it is just dungeon crawling…. I Didn`t really find info about story or adventuring outside….

Lannister

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 17th, 2019, 11:41
The bones of a good game is here. I like the min-cutscenes for things like statues and doors. It helps add life and interest to the dungeon. Also the reaction moments, such as featherfall for a falling guy, is a good idea. The UI is obviously just functional at the moment and will be improved with time.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

November 17th, 2019, 17:25
It looks a bit too generic to me, but that could be fixed given enough time. I also think its weird that they have almost platforming-like where the characters are jumping over empty spaces to continue their path, its like - what's the point? I mean, if characters are going to auto jump over those gaps, why put the gaps there in the first place? (And its even worse if the player has to hit the jump button to navigate those spaces, because its still pointless)
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

November 18th, 2019, 04:44
I liked it a lot - even got a good laugh in the dialog. Great way to give dialog options, too.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Gameplay Video