Sacred 3 - New Preview & Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Calm Down Tom has posted a new preview of Sacred 3 where he writes if he should be excited about playing the new game.

I enjoyed my time with Sacred 3; it looks really good and plays well. The only real worry I have about the full version is the structure of it. It feels in a lot of ways like a half-step, like this game was built to join the co-op resurgence that we’re seeing in the industry and wanted to hit a middle ground between Sacred 2 and Sacred Citadel (a surprisingly good beat-em-up that came out last year). The lack of weapon and armour loot could definitely limit the replayability depending on how well the full skill tree and leveling is handled. It’s definitely a game to keep an eye on, especially if you’re into co-op heavy games but in a lot of ways it could be disappointing if you go in looking for a direct sequel.
Also Neptune Games has six new screenshots.

Keen Games and Deep Silver has released a new bunch of gameplay screens taken from their upcoming action role-playing game.
More information.

I'm still not interested despite the previews, and I agree with the following quote.
It’s definitely a game to keep an eye on, especially if you’re into co-op heavy games but in a lot of ways it could be disappointing if you go in looking for a direct sequel.
Sums up the entire game as Sacred this is not.:(

Can't believe they ruined a perfectly good franchise. Sacred 2 just needed some tweaks and I already felt it was a great game. To see it "evolve" into an action game is sad.

Can't believe they ruined a perfectly good franchise.

Considering how often it happens when a publisher get ownership of an IP and command a game from a studio that isn't the original creator, are people really surprised by these things?

Back
Top Bottom