Divinity 2 So I ordered Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga...

I bought Lego Star Wars and didn't like it at all. It was fun for awhile seeing the Legos I grew up with animated on the screen, but that only lasted so long before I became bored with how simple it was.

Probably because none wants the Harry Potter disc :p

I think this incident was a lot more fun than you'll have playing the actual game :D

If I were a single person (meaning, no kids) - I probably wouldn't ever have bought any of the lego games.

But I have to admit, when I play the lego games with my boys, we have a lot of fun. For them, the gameplay is simple enough, yet intersting and rewarding and I have a lot of fun playing those games because they have fun.

I bought Lego Star Wars and didn't like it at all. It was fun for awhile seeing the Legos I grew up with animated on the screen, but that only lasted so long before I became bored with how simple it was.
I'm on Episode 2 out of 6, and I sort of agree with you. Basically it runs on simplistic platform mechanics and...

Lots. Of. Bloody. Collecting. - Trying to get "True Jedi" on every level is so mind numbingly boring.

Just a thought ... the Star Wars LEGO games are definitely the best LEGO games ever made ... so if you aren't liking those, stay far away from the rest. Harry Potter is second best, and Indiana Jones and Batman lag far behind ...

That's my copy you have there!
Woo hoo! About time we had some forum drama!
(Zloth sits back with some popcorn…)
Oh wait, it's morning!
(Zloth sits back with some dried apricots…)

I just started playing the game, too. I definitely like being able to change my look at the Illusionist. Though, for whatever weird reason, I've got "PHYSICS>CPU" showing in the upper left. (Dragon Age: Origins is doing that, too.)

Definitely having fun with this one! It actually reminds me a tad of Tomb Raider with little hidden things you can find if you jump around a bit.

This game tends to remind me of Tomb raider also, as well as many other third person platformers of days gone by.

I too enjoy the services of the Illusionist, and wish that more character customization and "dress up" options were available ala Fable.

Yeah, the characters could definitely use more options… errr… <looks at ONE TRUE's avatar>… though they shouldn't try to get TOO many options….

Things are a bit confusing on Steam right now. Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga is the updated, re-mastered version of Ego Draconis plus the expansion published by Focus. It's normally $40 and is on sale right now for $26.79. Oh, and it comes with some bonus armors.

Or you could buy just Ego Draconis by itself, as published by DTP Entertainment. It's got fewer bonus armors and is selling for… $50! Yep. The entire game plus upgrade plus expansion costs $10 less than the original game! They have different forums on Steam, too. *facepalm*

I don't think I'm going to be able to look at a chest quite the same way again. Not safe for work... I think...

It also turns out that this is actually a JRPG!

Whooo I read the full thread and couldn't get any clue about the new Divinity and instead got a full description of lego games. :)

I never played the first Divinity 2 because they delayed too much the patches for my country and after that the game become cold for me and now it's more like playing an oldie not even a classical. I'm tedious about this new Divinity 2 but wonder what's good in it anyway.

Steam has it on sale for 20 USD today (24 hour sale) so I picked it up. Not really sure I wanted it but figure its probably not going to be this cheap for a while and I can play through it some time later this year and find out if its worth it.

Everything.
Well, I wouldn't go THAT far. It doesn't work all that well with 3D Vision and... errr... there's no day/night cycle? Yeah, no day/night cycle! How can I possibly roleplay anyone in such an environment!? ;)

Definitely a very fun game. Good sized, too - I'm about to hit 40 hours and I'm definitely not done yet.

Everything.

THAT is very informative thank you. :)

I have Divine Divinity 2 still installed, is it a good test to see if I can enjoy play it or too much details have changed with DKS?

EDIT: Only the idea to launch it bore me, I tend find big video games boring those days and I'm looking for one that bring back the "faith". Not sure DKS is the best attempt for that knowing that Drakensang The river of time failed.

If you're that jaded, maybe it's time to take a break from gaming. As I wrote on the front page, DKS is my "surprise of the year". It's not much different from the original game (not including expansion) but there's been enough polishing that it's smooth and easy to play — had I persisted with the original, I probably would have found an excellent game that I missed at the time because it felt "kludgy".

At $20 on Steam, I think this is a steal. Still, since you are jaded, maybe save your money and try the original when the upgrade patch comes out.

As to the game itself…it's a 3rd person action/adventure/RPG, so it won't appeal if you only like turn-based or class party RPGs or whatever. What you will find is an action/RPG with humorous, whimsical dialogue that's a cut above average, a quite deep quest system with choices and different solutions, great exploration (I still can't find some keys - they hide the little buggers well), little hand-holding, delightful art direction - it's standard fantasy but the locations look great; few games have sights like Lovis Tower or Maxos Temple etc. Add a bit of platforming for variation (it's silly, I've enjoyed base-jumping off the towers - the sense of height is crazy for an RPG). The combat could be better - it's a bit MMORPG like, but it's competent and the rest is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom