Path of Exile 2 - Announced

That will open up many new ways to play the game, and everyone will actually have to use multiple "main" skills, since GGG plans to make the game significantly harder than it is right now.

What devs want... Players habits lead to inertia. Indeed, it is about spamming the same ability over hours, with builds revolving around few attributes, if not one.

This brings inertia. Adding more content is mandatory to keep players engaged. Now content that would break their habits...
When players spend hundreds of hours spamming the same ability, they might not want anything else. Or they would have given up before.

Maybe, this move will attract players who dropped out because they could not take it anymore spamming the same ability. It might be rejected by all the others though.

What devs want… Players habits lead to inertia. Indeed, it is about spamming the same ability over hours, with builds revolving around few attributes, if not one.

This brings inertia. Adding more content is mandatory to keep players engaged. Now content that would break their habits…
When players spend hundreds of hours spamming the same ability, they might not want anything else. Or they would have given up before.

Maybe, this move will attract players who dropped out because they could not take it anymore spamming the same ability. It might be rejected by all the others though.

POE is not about spamming on ability. You have one main attack skill certainly but as you progress you need to use a combination of skills and setups to be successful. In the POE2 skill system it will require the use of several "main" skills to be able to survive so the single skill spamming will go away in both perception and reality.

I think what they are planning to with the game is amazing. Pretty much exactly what anyone could want. As seen in the in game demo videos the pace of the game will be quite different in POE2 with more story, larger less predictable area maps, more complicated and frequent boss fights, and likely more time on character development.

Many of the current players who only view POE as a "racing" sort of meta game, will continue going through the POE1 storyline.

Some corrections to the above:

1. Ascendancies are unlocked so as long as you got a character through labyrinth that character will have all 6 (or 2 for Scion) choices available to them regardless of which path POE1 or POE2 is chosen to go through the game. Existing accounts will have all of the POE1 ascendancies unlocked right from the start.
2. POE1 will not be abandoned and will have all of the same leagues and items, etc...as POE2

From the videos it seems like it will be an awesome game. Likely the high point of the genre. And the graphics will be modern and pretty terrific and they fixed the odd viewing angle that POE has.

The depth of the game will be incredible. It wont be so easy to find the "best" build, and for those that like to discover their own builds and develop their own characters it will be wonderful. It baffles me to no end that people just copy other peoples builds seems to miss the entire point of the game

I wonder whether PoE2 will finally allow for a viable retaliation build, without the cheap workaround that Grim Dawn used (i.e., adding retaliation damage to your active skills).

(I tried this in PoE1. It's kind of possible and somewhat entertaining in PVP for a very short while, but that's about it. Certainly nothing I would call viable in the long term.)

I wonder whether PoE2 will finally allow for a viable retaliation build, without the cheap workaround that Grim Dawn used (i.e., adding retaliation damage to your active skills).

(I tried this in PoE1. It's kind of possible and somewhat entertaining in PVP for a very short while, but that's about it. Certainly nothing I would call viable in the long term.)
There are certainly viable retaliate builds in PoE. I just looked at a build guide for one today. You use a Gladiator and a certain unique shield. Lets you do all content in the game.

POE is not about spamming on ability. You have one main attack skill certainly but as you progress you need to use a combination of skills and setups to be successful. In the POE2 skill system it will require the use of several "main" skills to be able to survive so the single skill spamming will go away in both perception and reality.

I think what they are planning to with the game is amazing. Pretty much exactly what anyone could want. As seen in the in game demo videos the pace of the game will be quite different in POE2 with more story, larger less predictable area maps, more complicated and frequent boss fights, and likely more time on character development.

Many of the current players who only view POE as a "racing" sort of meta game, will continue going through the POE1 storyline.

Some corrections to the above:

1. Ascendancies are unlocked so as long as you got a character through labyrinth that character will have all 6 (or 2 for Scion) choices available to them regardless of which path POE1 or POE2 is chosen to go through the game. Existing accounts will have all of the POE1 ascendancies unlocked right from the start.
2. POE1 will not be abandoned and will have all of the same leagues and items, etc…as POE2

From the videos it seems like it will be an awesome game. Likely the high point of the genre. And the graphics will be modern and pretty terrific and they fixed the odd viewing angle that POE has.

The depth of the game will be incredible. It wont be so easy to find the "best" build, and for those that like to discover their own builds and develop their own characters it will be wonderful. It baffles me to no end that people just copy other peoples builds seems to miss the entire point of the game
The real truth is that we don't know if that is how PoE 2 will play, all we have seen is some gameplay for low level undergeared characters. Also there is a realistic chance that story Acts will be slower and like you describe while end game maps will again be Zoom Zoom with spamming one button design.

Back
Top Bottom