Witcher 2 Is this game hard... or what?

The Witcher 2
I threw grapeshot bombs at him when he was at distance. Unfortunately, I don't remember the fight that well, but I think that bombs not only dealt good damage, but prevented him from casting spells. I was particularly afraid of his Igni.

Grapeshot bombs stun him, too, as far as I remember. Sorry for being so unsure, but there certainly was a reason why I used those particular bombs. Because either they or their components were rare to come by.

P.S Bad memory really helps when you decide to replay a game, btw, it's as good as new ;)

I've managed to beat him with 2 or 3 attempts after I've learned that I can use the right mouse button for strong attacks. ;)

*sigh*

Anyone with a good hint for the fight with Letho in Chapter 1? I'm just using Aard on him and when he's stunned I hit him. When Vigor is out, I just try to avoid. Works ok, but he manages to hit me every now and then so I go down. :(

Well, I did it like this:

-I used Quen as a defense. It's good against his fireball attack which is nearly undodgeable.
-I had some bombs crafted that I threw at him.
-I parried his attacks.

In other words, I was mostly on the defensive against him. It'll take a few tries but you'll get there. IMO, this fight is one of the worst parts of The Witcher 2.

~Lapoon!

The EE definitely makes the game easier though I think it might be more because of the starting equipment I got to keep from the earlier game/bonus material. The Blue Stripes coat is FAR better than anything I've found and, at the end of chapter 2, I haven't found a better steel sword either. The Fate sword was a little better than the one I had but only just a little.

I've been playing on normal difficulty but I just hit a horrible difficulty spike for the Eternal Battle sequence. I don't get to use any spells. I don't get to use any bombs. I don't get to use any potions or oils. I can't even roll in battle. Basically, I'm just a typical fighter. I'm up against three guys in armor plus one of those earth elemental guys with a shield. Oh, and archers and a ring of fire that's very easy to wander into.

This hasn't even been close. All the enemies have no interest in anything but cutting me down. There's no terrain to use. They all seem smart enough not to wander into fire. The only way to win seems to be to dumb it down to Easy which cranks your regeneration so high that you can just flail away at anyone and win.

Regarding Loredo... sheesh. The first time I fight him the game pretty much kills me off before I even get to do anything. On reload (when more assets are in memory) I do better but die. After a few more attempts I get a lucky stun in early and kill him... except he doesn't die. He keeps going through his script and now I can't hurt him because he's already at 0 health! Eventually he kills me. After a couple more tries I defeated him the way I was supposed to and the game moved on.

Honestly, this game still has some pretty hefty bugs even with all those updates. Playing Witcher 3 on release day is probably not a good plan.

I'll play it on normal, and hopefully won't have any end of chapter 1 moments of frustration like I did on the first Witcher….

I know this is an ancient comment but I’m just playing The Witcher now. I got pasted by that dog the first time but knocking it down with Aard and clearing the mob and then focusing on the boss ended the fight in 30 seconds. It was pretty funny.

I know this is an ancient comment but I’m just playing The Witcher now. I got pasted by that dog the first time but knocking it down with Aard and clearing the mob and then focusing on the boss ended the fight in 30 seconds. It was pretty funny.

Yeah, the hellhound fight can be weird. It's a very difficult battle at that point in the game, but Aard allows you to one-shot him if you get lucky.

Is it your first time playing TW?

That Letho fight is the hardest one in the game IMO.

I love Dark Mode in TW2, think it feels bang on in terms of difficulty, but that's THE fight when I occasionally switch the difficulty down.

Yeah, the hellhound fight can be weird. It's a very difficult battle at that point in the game, but Aard allows you to one-shot him if you get lucky.

Is it your first time playing TW?

Well it’s my first time getting past the beginning of Chapter III. I’m partway through chapter IV this time and still going. I’m more patient this time around which makes it far more enjoyable. I have to say I’m very impressed so far. The only thing I didn’t like so far was the boss battle at the end of Chapter III. After dying a few times Trying to dodge and move I realized the best option was to stand and tank hoping to outlast his cheesy lightening attack spell. I’d much rather face a skill based battle like Ramsmeat which was a nice challenge and felt like a real battle. Either way I plan to finish it and start Witcher II.

Well it’s my first time getting past the beginning of Chapter III. I’m partway through chapter IV this time and still going. I’m more patient this time around which makes it far more enjoyable. I have to say I’m very impressed so far. The only thing I didn’t like so far was the boss battle at the end of Chapter III. After dying a few times Trying to dodge and move I realized the best option was to stand and tank hoping to outlast his cheesy lightening attack spell. I’d much rather face a skill based battle like Ramsmeat which was a nice challenge and felt like a real battle. Either way I plan to finish it and start Witcher II.

The Chapter III boss battle, was that the Salamandra alchemist? I haven't played TW in years so I don't quite remember all the encounters.

I remember key parts of the story like it was yesterday though. TW has one of the best plot twists I've ever seen in a game. I hope you've avoided any spoilers. :)

I only remember one hard fight - near midway - some critter that as a pia. Rest of the game was pretty easy. Fun game - meant to replay sometime as there are two different endings - but alas been distracted... and new games keep showing up.

I only remember one hard fight - near midway - some critter that as a pia. Rest of the game was pretty easy. Fun game - meant to replay sometime as there are two different endings - but alas been distracted… and new games keep showing up.

Go for the replay mate. The story is literally only half told if you've only seen 1 POV of it.

Flotsam is pretty much the same, but choosing the opposite side to what you chose at the end of Chapter 1 before gives you an entirely new perspective on it all.

Back
Top Bottom