Things you don't need to know...

Apparently the distance between America and the Eurasian continent is increasing. Not on a galactic level, and not related to dark energy, but the distance is increasing by 22 mm each year. Considering recent developments in potential US politics, notably the president-wannabe events, this may be a good thing.

Australia seems also to be moving away from us, but I haven't found exact measurements (yet). That's even better, considering the newly discovered 73rd-deadly-ozzie-beast-wannabe. And all those yet-to-be-discovered, no doubt waiting offstage.

pibbur who notices that Andromeda is approaching us at 3468960000000000 mm per year, a collision will be imminent in 4 billion years or so.

Last edited:
One question; if one side of America is moving away from Europe, then isn't the other side moving closer?!! :)

One question; if one side of America is moving away from Europe, then isn't the other side moving closer?!! :)

Yes, but if they go that way, the buggers have to get past Russia and China first.

As everybody knows, there are a lot of strange, incomprehensible sports out there. Cricket, American so-called football, wrestling, to name a few.

Here's rugby (if the link doesn't work, google for "Le Crunch"):

The French won.

pibbur who notices that there is something resembling a ball there, also that using said ball seems not to be part of the game.

PS. A list of strange sports can be found here: http://www.topendsports.com/sport/unusual/list.htm. For some reason, the Finnish wife throwing events are not listed. Or was it wife carrying.. no …can't be, where's the fun in that? DS.

Last edited:

A short list of facts:

• The skin of the hippopotamus weighs 1 tonne.
  • The name "hippopotamus" derives from Greek: "hippos"="horse", "potamos"="river". In Norwegian said animal is called "flodhest", where "flod" is one of our words for "river", and "hest" is "horse".
  • The hippo has, according to my sources (Stephen Fry) a veeery bad breath, which it uses for defense purposes. (No doubt in addition to it's very large mouth and long teeth)
  • According to my sources (Stephen Fry) the same can be said about one particular employee (the name of who I shall not disclose) in BBC2.
  • Although quite lethal (allegedly responsible for most human deaths caused by animals in Africa), hippos don't grow naturally down under.
  • Knitting while driving is not recommended in several juristinctions.
  • Somewhat Fallout related: The little BIC pen logo guy has a name. It's BIC Boy

pibbur who thnks small male pibburs (if they existed) might be called pib-boys.

PS. About the knitting part. Actually a couple of days ago, here in Norway, a car caught the attention of the law, as the driving was somewhat erratic, like shifting lanes on roads with only one lane in each direction. Naturally, they suspected drunk-driving and stopped the car. But it turned out to be knit-driving. On the passenger seat an on-going knitting project was found, and the driver admitted to not being able to resist the temptation. DS.

PS. Unfortunately you lose your driving license if you do things like that in Norway, and a financial transaction of some magnitude will be required. DS.

PS. You have been warned. DS.

Last edited:
Pibroch: a piec of music for the bagpipe, usually martial in character

Pibbur who: unique RPGWatch member from Norway

Pib-boys: small male boys of pibbur

Q: what does 'pib' mean?

I can't explain the "pib" in "pibroch", but I can explain the "pibbur".

Years ago, the Norwegian postal service implemented an email redirection service. You could register an email address at the domain "eposten.no", and link that to for instance a mail address provided by your ISP. Thus you didn't have to change your public mail address if you switched ISP's.

The mail address provided was of the form: firstname.familyname.codename@eposten.no. The codename was created by the service. And my codename happened to be "pibbur13". Needless to say, I fell in love with the name, and has since then used it in every game related context (and a few others).

pibbur who would like the watch to know that "Number 13" under his avatar is not related to the "13" in "pibbur13". It's the number of the next doctor in the Dr. Who series (the current one, played by mr. Capaldi, is number 12).

PS. After a while I was given a new postal email adress for technical reasons, and the new codename was "tonase17". I occasionally used "Tonase" for female characters in RPG's, but that name has since been replaced by "Anhima". DS.

PS. The service didn't last long, as few saw the need for it. STUPID NORWEGIANS!!! DS.

Thanks for the explanation. Interesting!

That service provided nice names - I can see why the end of the service sucks. ;)

When it comes to getting new names perhaps I've got a nice alternative for you:
Unique Names created for you.
In the Word Mixer I took pibbur, Tonase, Anhima, Norway and eposten.no and from the fifty results I liked hipibte, pibtenna and pinasur best.

Sorry, forgot to post yesterday that it's 10 years anniversary of the most important thing ever.
It changed the core of videogames. Most of people praise it, a minority which I'm a part of wish it never happened.

Horse Armor DLC

Sorry, forgot to post yesterday that it's 10 years anniversary of the most important thing ever.
It changed the core of videogames. Most of people praise it, a minority which I'm a part of wish it never happened.

Horse Armor DLC

I won't say I praise it, but it's fine when we're talking about:
DLC's comparable (in size as well as content) to old-fashoned add-ons

pibbur who can't say he's never been lured into getting some of those that should never have happened.

Last edited:
Say hello, "Hallå!" or "Hej!", to a Swede.
Do you have a question about Sweden, the local weather, the language, the mosquitos, the political system, anything you want: call and ask a random Swede somewhere in Sweden:
The Swedish Number.
The website says the chance you'll get the same Swede every time you call is small.

Will the swede be annoyed?

pibbur who is looking for reasons to try the service.

You might end up calling me? isn't that reason enough? :D

Ohh… I could make a lot of phone calls just to talk to you… :)

pibbur who blushes

PS. We don't have anything like the Swedish number in Norway, but here is the phone number to the Norwegian security police: +47 23 30 50 00 DS.

Are you suggesting that if you get through to Gothic then she might need the Norwegian police service :D

Are you suggesting that if you get through to Gothic then she might need the Norwegian police service :D

No. I just wanted to provide a number as well. And this was the first one that popped up in my head.

pibbur who takes it for granted that the lackblogger realizes he can't tell anybody about this. Unless you want to spend a looong time in the comfy chair.

Back
Top Bottom