RPGWatch - 15 Years old

Happy Birthday RPGwatch and may there be many more birthdays. I lurked for quite awhile, found I was often returning here to find opinions on games. I have more faith in the opinions of posters here than other sites/tubes. I get a better feel of whether I might enjoy a game from them being discussed, the good, the bad and the bugged, between a few people than just one persons opinion in a fast talking youtube.

My favourite thread - Couchs news round-up and I like pricewatch.

My favourite RPG is hopefully always in the future so there are games aplenty to look forward to. My second favourite RPG and purely for sentimental reasons would be Baldurs Gate 1.

Happy birthday RPGWatch!!

Why do you visit the Watch?
I love playing RPG games, and this is my main site for news about it. I have been here since day 1 and read the post every day.

Who do you miss?
@Aubrielle;

What's your favourite RPG?
I love too many games to have a favourite, but some of them are: Ultima 7 part 1 and 2, Morrowind, Skyrim, Arcanum, BG2, Pathfinder KM and WOR, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, The Witcher 3, KOTOR 1, Dragon Age: Origins, Might and Magic 7.

Thanks to Myrthos' and staff members

I'm a huge RPG fan and RPGWatch is still the best source for PC-RPGs.

What is your favourite thread?
Main Page

Who do you miss?

Gothic 3, System Shock 2, Arx Fatalis, Legend of Grimrock 2.

Happy anniversary! Thanks for all those years.

I had already been getting my RPG news from RPGDot for about a year or two. So when I found out about the move to RPGWatch it was an easy decision to follow you here. I've been a lurker for most of that time, although I ended up making an account eventually and even reply to a few posts every year. I will keep visiting as long as you stay the best source of RPG news.

I only ever read the news, unless I'm looking for some info on a specific game, which is when I delve into the forums once in a while.

Who do you miss?
Nobody, really. I do often read the comments, but I'm not good with names. There are a few voices I know I haven't seen posting in a long time, but I can't put a name on them.

Right now, in no particular order: Albion, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, Deus Ex, Avernum, Divinity series... I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some, and some fell out of favour and some come back, so this is never a Defined Definitive list :lol:

Yesterday, only god and me knew why.
Today, only god knows. :)

PR's incorrect humor thread that sadly doesn't get as many stills as before.

Who do you miss?
Skavenhorde.

The next one from Black Isle. Ummm… Wait…

Happy anniversary!

* Why do you visit the Watch?

It's a chill source of RPG news, reviews, and commentary. It's seems neither over or under moderated and people are generally polite and thoughtful, which is rare in online communities!

* What is your favourite thread?

Usually just whatever new CRPG is being talked about.

* Who do you miss?

Um… I haven't seen Fluent post in a while? I haven't been around long enough to really "miss" anyone though. :)

* What's your favourite RPG?

Damn, for tabletop gaming I'm going to say probably Pathfinder 1st or 2nd edition; D&D 3.5 edition or 5E. Honorable mention to Modiphius games and their d20 system; Star Trek Adventures and Vampire the Masquerade are extremely high quality and fun. I also like Zweihander but that's just it's own thing. :D

For CRPGs I'd say games that draw from tabletop rules and roleplaying games in general, like Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Neverwinter Nights, Pathfinder, etc. I like dungeon blobbers like Might & Magic, the newer Dungeon Encounters etc.

Congratulations! All of you, administrators, moderators, news editors, writers of articles, and last but certainly not least: all of you posters. Without you the Watch would be a lonely place.
Thanks for all of your input, your stories, reviews, chit chats, and donations all these years to help to keep this site going, and by doing so attracting new (and returning) members as well.

RPGWatch has reached the Crystal anniversary, according to Wikipedia.*
Here is a toast to the Watch, to you, and the next 15 years :party:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anniversary

And a big Thank You to you as well - MrsMyrthos - for allowing your husband to spend so much time and energy with his RPGWatch hobby.

Would be nice to see you here more often.

Whoa, it's my first time seeing the real boss behind RPGWatch around! :)

Congratulations, guys!

I have fond memories of RPGDot and its kinda clunky layout. Back then it was a place for conservative, timid discussion, and the Codex was a haven of brilliant free-thinkers unhampered by the unnecessary tethers of civility. [Yeah, I know it wasn't :) ]

I like how I can see some of the old squishy Codex faces every once in a while here, e.g. Shagnak [can I tag here? @Shagnak;? No?]

But in all seriousness, thanks to the team for posting the news all these years, and thanks to the community for continuing to provide interesting threads of discussion. [I've always enjoyed the Gothic ones especially.]

uLETFHL.png

Happy birthday to the site :-D

Battletech & WH40K stuff looks nice.

Actually I visit because I was part of rpgdot. Garrett recruited me in year 2000 and I created the new layouts rpgdot had when it was bought, and arx's and gothic's ones. I took a while for myrthos and me to get them working, hahahah.

I never stopped visiting even after I left at posting news so when rpgwathc was born, I knew this was the new place to go. This has always been the place for rpg news, like a home, and I'll keep doing as far as the site exists.

Thanks for 15 of rpgwathc + the 6 years of rpgdot (I know it was 'us' who did all the job, not rendelius ;) )

Edit : I'm Arkray

Congrats! 15 years is a mighty long time for a website.

Why Visit: because there's interesting information here, intelligent conversation, and all that.

Fave Thread: Jeez, no clue. There's so many!

Who do I miss: pretty much everyone, as near as I can tell. Whenever somebody shows up again, it's great to see them!

Favorite RPG: Witcher 3. The stories are just so incredibly good! Music is great. Graphics are great. Voice acting is great. Combat is... good enough that it doesn't detract from all the greatness.

Congrats! I've been following the dot site (unregistered) and switched to this one. As someone mentioned, I came to the dot because of the Gothic II game and stayed ever since.

Though my gaming isn't what it used to be, I still like to visit and read the news.

I very much enjoy RPG video games and RPGWatch is still the best source for PC-RPGs news and info. Also, habit :)

I don't really follow the Fora, I stick to the News section.

Who do you miss?
Can't think of anyone

Elder Scrolls Morrowind is still my fondest memory of any game (and would be my most time played, if it wasn't for HOMM III), and the reason I bought my first "serious" gaming VGA card.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Gothic series, The Witcher series, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age Origins all hold a very special place also.

Many thanks to Myrthos' and everyone contributing to the site! Here's to another successful 15 years!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Grats to the Watch! And thanks to Myrthos x2 for all the hard work.

Getting some RPG news. Discussing RPGs. Old habits. I've been around since RPGDot after all.

There have been many. I tend to stick on topic though, so I usually prefer ones that discuss specific games, features and so on.

Who do you miss?
There have been quite a few over the years. Special mention to the guy that kept claiming there was a great conspiracy/secret hidden somewhere in Gothic. It was related to the Chromanin quest. However, I've played that game almost as many times as he had, and seen no indication of it, but I still enjoyed the theory, even if it was a bit crazy.

Not sure. Probably BG2, Gothic, MM7, ME or TW3.

Back
Top Bottom