Potato Flowers in Full Bloom - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Potato Flowers in Full Bloom is now available:

Potato Flowers in Full Bloom Trailer

Six years after the release of Healers Only Live Twice, Japanese indie developer Pon Pon Games has been working diligently for four years to create Potato Flowers in Full Bloom.

More information.

Pon Pon Games or Pom Pom Games ? (German : "Earth Apples" = Potatos)

Besides : This is just that kind of creativity I often find with Japanese titles : I mean, this title so much different than anything I'd expect from any "western" game ...

As a fellow potato myself I love the title. Anyone offended is just namist.:p

I love practically any and all dungeon-crawler types, yet this one might be a bit far-fetched even for me.

Ehh, who am I kidding, I'll probably pick it up in a few months!

I've seen worse - almost daily. And at least the name doesn't contain the word "tactics"

Odd game name - sounds like opium inducted rambling - but at least it's different from the generic norm.

Odd game name - sounds like opium inducted rambling - but at least it's different from the generic norm.

It's not so very odd. The Japanese culture has a very strong heritage in blossom iconography. For them, blossom in art represents a new beginning and/or a new generation and/or the next generation, etc:

https://youtu.be/lZwTka7CB70?t=471

There is a demo and IMO, if you like turn based blobber/crawler at all, I'd suggest trying it.

The demo "shell" is rough and there's a (~10 secs for me on SSD) preload. Game itself is in better shape than the "shell." I'm impressed as heck - this game is easier to hop into and more immediately attractive and interesting than most similar games I've tried, and I've been trying/buying many lately.

Solid overall production values, graphics, combat system is engaging/tactical, map + lighting system and how they interact is cool, UI is clear and easy to use, combat "view" and transition is cool. Solid controls (I'm using controller but it asked, a nice touch in an indie).

The game has (to me an unintentionally smart assed) tutorial system whereby you get a popup explaining something AFTER you have just screwed it up, and then you're like OH, that makes sense. Maybe you only see the tutorials if you're bad like me - wouldn't surprise me in this game.

There is some story (probably related to what @lackblogger; was mentioning, which is at least different from hey, a tower just popped up next to the inn, why don't you go plunder it?) but I didn't pay much attention since I wanted to hop in and see how it played.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom