Tortured Hearts - Released

One more vote for a GOG please.:please:

I tried it, but it's a bit too much of "talk with everyone til you choose a random dialogue option and the plot moves on". That combined wit the fact that I don't control my character, I'm a floating camera that the party follows around, turns me off completely.

I'm a huge fan of NWN, and really wanted this game to work for me, but sadly, it's not my cup of tea. Good luck however as there is definitely a lot of thought and effort put into the project, and more variety of ideas and styles in the RPG market are never a bad thing.

Take advantage of the 50% discount :)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1508260/announcements/detail/2996566190145967570

The latest review:
"I heard about this game from old trusted curator and liked what I saw in the pictures/videos. Before starting I read everything from the forums to get good start. I chose stealing as main skill and so far I have liked it very much. The game can be challenging but if you min-max you can get powerful. There are guide videos that can help you when you start too.

In short its a long game but it keeps surprising me so I dont get bored. I dont feel like Im playing on rails and know exactly what happens next. I like the itemization, there lots of good loot in this game. Quests are interesting and I like exploring new enviroments. I enjoy the battles although it would be nice to know what are the base chances for some attacks during battle. For now Ive just tried to read from forums to understand how to rise them.

So far Ive enjoyed the game so I will continue playing. Its feels unlike most rpgs Ive played and I have played/owned most (?) of them since the 1980s. Oldschool/lack of handhelding does not bother me. I will add more this review later if something comes to mind."

TH is on sale

Hi guys,
Time to save the universe. Again. :)

The latest review:
I really enjoy Tortured hearts. It's a game that gives me a feel of a mmo even though it's a single player game. There is lots of options of what to do, and your conversations with npc's have an impact on the game. I must admit that I sometimes get a bit stuck in the plotlines, but I still love the game. I really hope for more games like this one!

The plotline is long and complex. You can't beat this game in a day.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1508260/view/2981933549547940292
Please consider the bundle.

The sequel is in the making.
Updated the text from one of an earlier news:

The sequel will be set mainly in Sylfeung, the previously inaccessible city and will cover a larger area than Tornbarrow. The default setting of the story is that you are not an adventurer (nor were you at the start of the second module), a title you will achieve later, when you have completely disrupted the local adventuring community and have become so involved in world events, perhaps unconsciously, that it is beginning to upset certain people.
Some locations in the sequel will take you back to previously unseen locations from the TH1 module, so you can visit a number of interesting (and dangerous) sites around Pikedale, and find out exactly what has happened to the town since the first big adventure. In addition, those more familiar with the world of Eupherea know that the fall of Pikedale was largely due to the invasion of the Cape Crestians.
All in all, we can continue on to Cape Crest and stir up the local stagnant water with our unusual presence.

What have I done so far?
-Imported and prepared tons of new assets into the project (this is an amazingly slow and meticulous process)
-New Main Screen
-New human protagonist models
-New archetypes are selectable (paladin, druid, necromancer, summoner) Their combat activities are not yet done.
-Deities are selectable
-Built 8 small areas
-Started 2 big areas, one of them is about 80%, the other one is about 20%
-Wrote about 30 k words of conversation. These NPCs are not scripted yet.

Your purchase also supports the making of "Newcomer Gold"
https://indiecore.club/Newcomer_ENG.htm

Hi guys

The Autumn sale is on.

Here's a video from Wizard Worm.
Wizard Worm's Video

Also, some news:
I'm working on an enhanced version of TH, one of the most important features of which is that I'm using the latest Unity editor. It's not ready yet, although the most problematic operation, the replacement of the legacy particle system, is done. Since the project is huge, there might be many hidden problems, so I'm not in a hurry to release it. I also hope that the Radeon rendering problem, which is presumably due to the old Unity editor, will disappear.
The ancient Unity launcher will go as well.

Your purchase supports the making of the sequel and this:
Newcomer Gold

News

Hi there
All my games including TH is part of the Summer Sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1508260/view/3320856891223160617

Also, I'm going to release the enhanced version of TH soon. (A test version first)
It will be a free update.

Here are some "release notes":

I worked about 9 months to get this done.
I'm using the latest Unity Editor now. It was a huge deal of work on this update.
The old version didn't work on most of the Radeon cards. (Unity/Radeon incompatibility issue)
Also, I'm using Visual Studio 2022 instead of 2017.
The game uses a new Antialiasing technique which is always present.
A few Java scripts had to be converted to C#.
The Unity Launcher panel is gone for good.
All legacy particle components had to be replaced by the modern one (Scenes, Placeables, Items, Spells - hundreds of them). This was an extremely long, complex and difficult job.
Combat pathing has been improved.
Cloth simulation had to be fixed (Caer Maed yard for instance)
Day/Night has been modernized. (Caused a lot of additional issues)
Many textures have been enhanced.
All NPC walking speeds have been adjusted to look more natural.
Lots of materials were tweaked (outlines for instance are gone for good)
A couple of materials have an emissive property to look like a light source.
In line with that, a couple of evil monsters' eyes are glowing now.
A few terrains lost their textures during import, they had to be fixed
Global Fog issues have been addressed throughout the game due to the Editor change.
Double Click on a save game slot works if you want to load a game.
Character position marker on map has a black rim now for better visibility.
A few scene objects were misplaced, now they are ok. If you find more, please let me know via e-mail.
A few typos have been corrected throughout the game.
A few navmesh obstacle and mesh collider components were missing here and there.
The walk anim of one of the golems has been replaced. He has a new light source too.
One of the interior ceilings has been raised a bit to allow more space for the combat camera.
Tons of duplicated floor tiles have been removed in the Sculptor's Dungeon.
Hundreds of objects, mostly inventory items, lost their subdivision component due to reimport. They had to be reapplied. This is one of the main reasons it's a pain in the neck to upgrade the editor.
The chance of getting an ailment is slightly lower.
Stat inheritance based on ID has been obsoleted. Related objects have unique IDs and stat files.
The field of view of a couple of cutscene cameras have been tweaked.
Some cutscene texts are more readable due to proper line breaks.
In 2 combat situations, the opponents have been significantly strengthened to match the player's real power.
Distance check before actions (talk, area change) was removed.
A few maps have been tweaked to cover slightly more area.
Water has been modernized throughout the game!
Characters are now making ripples if wading in water.
The power of sea waves isn't constant.
The Ghost Village has a new body of water.
The Tornbarrow Harbor has a new public well.
Eerie Wells now have a flickering lightsource.
Encris has a light source on his staff. :)

A reminder: In TH, 95% of mobs are using randomized equipment. This means every time you start a new game, the individual mob will be somewhat weaker or stronger. This feature makes the game much harder to balance.

---------
Now I'm going back to the Sequel…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom