RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

I'll say this much, Alrik, the discord for RPGWatch seems to be hopping fairly nicely. Lots of people in there chatting about all sorts of stuff! And lots of familiar names, looks like the family is assembling.

I'll take a look into it.

Rpg Codex will be the next best thing I suppose, but it's not as good for sure.

If you have about a 2% interest in discussing cRPGs as a total of your reason for being at the codex, then, erm, sure:

oL9bSjC.png

(Literally any random average and highly respected codexer's normal stats are as such).

(and most of that 2% was probably 10 years ago)

It's more like a front for a VR Lord of the Flies simulation test-bed than anything.

We should try printing T-Shirts : "I was a member of RPGWatch". And wear that during the Games Com or on other fairs / conventions. ;)

Besides, the Games Com is planned to actually take place in Real Life.

@lackblogger; How do you see those stats on the site? I was looking for something like that before but couldn't find it.

I can't remember, I was a member for a couple years around when the first kickstarters were being released, but have long since run away'ed. So I can't see profile information anymore to check through buttons.

Somewhere in Site Feedback there's a 'something must be done thread #481' where people were posting these and the magic quick link was in that thread. I should think that would mean quite a lot of manual searching and having to check quite a lot of 'something must be done' threads.

Thanks, I was just curious.

I'm pretty sure the "Gaming drama" forum is an inside joke. I've never seen such a sub-forum there.

Yes, there was a specific Gaming Drama forum, it was stickied above the General Gaming sub-forum as a containment zone for stuff like Gamergate and what have yous. Or maybe above General Discussions, I can't remember exactly, but it was a Jaeson thing & he hasn't been around for a few years himself, so maybe they've ditched it now.

Easiest way is to click 'stats' on any one of a member's posts:

mPqWNou.jpg

We should try printing T-Shirts : "I was a member of RPGWatch". And wear that during the Games Com or on other fairs / conventions. ;)

Besides, the Games Com is planned to actually take place in Real Life.

When the new site gets hosted elsewhere in July, you can print T-Shirts "My login was created on the original RPGWatch website". All the newcomers will be jealous. ;)

Thanks, I was just curious.

I'm pretty sure the "Gaming drama" forum is an inside joke. I've never seen such a sub-forum there.
It's a sub-forum of General Gaming. Still there. Could be only certain people have access, but the usual rule for those things is you need to be a member for a year and I know you meet that.

I always imagined Ripper's post being spoken by the dog in a Cockney accent.

I'll say this much, Alrik, the discord for RPGWatch seems to be hopping fairly nicely. Lots of people in there chatting about all sorts of stuff! And lots of familiar names, looks like the family is assembling.

Can I have an invite please :roll:

It's a sub-forum of General Gaming. Still there. Could be only certain people have access, but the usual rule for those things is you need to be a member for a year and I know you meet that.

It's funny that I didn't notice it before, but yeah, I see it now. Whenever I go to the General Gaming forum, I automatically focus on the threads. I guess I never bothered to look at the two subforums above them.

I wonder if it used to be in a different place. According to my stats, I've actually posted in that forum, although it only accounts for 1% of my posts. It's possible that it was so long ago I simply forgot about it.

When you’re viewing the top level forum, it shows posts from the subforum too (with a notation of what subforum that thread is in). So if you’re reading General Gaming you could easily reply to a thread in the Gaming Drama subforum without even noticing.

Back
Top Bottom