Pillars of Eternity II - Released

It is adjustable, and I have only made it to the first town but still very much enjoying the novelty of the bright new shiny. It's inventory system is 1000% better than the tedious clusterfuck of DD:OS2, so that makes me happy.

It is a very good game so far....a lot different so far than the first one.

Took a bit getting use to the setting on the Islands....Haven't had much combat yet to judge much improvement over the last game.

YES DD:OS2 inventory was so bad. I would spend a few hours ever couple of days just cleaning it out.

You know for a game where you are constantly accessing inventory, one would think that designers would just implement a proven successful design. Just demonstrates bad design judgement on Larian's part, though I love the rest of the game.

POE2 too early to tell, but I am liking the writing better already. The area designs are not as busy so far. Which to me was a bit overwhelming at time in DDOS2, but I got over it. ;)

You know for a game where you are constantly accessing inventory, one would think that designers would just implement a proven successful design. Just demonstrates bad design judgement on Larian's part, though I love the rest of the game.

POE2 too early to tell, but I am liking the writing better already. The area designs are not as busy so far. Which to me was a bit overwhelming at time in DDOS2, but I got over it. ;)

I just finished DDOS2 a few weeks ago, I enjoyed most of it. The combat for the first time ever maybe I dropped down to story time as I just couldn't hand some of the hour plus fights only to maybe lose do to a mistake in commands.

The one thing i really like that they have added to POE2 is the little areas on the maps you can just search without loading into and getting random things.

I didn't find inventoryin DD:OS2 that bad; I mean it wasn't anything special but i could find things quick enough as needed. Anyway rumour is they re implemented for the next patch.

I hated it terribly. Any sort of inventory management was alway put off until I had no choice it was so tedious… I later learned to hide character tabs to speed up navigation, and that I could transfer items more quickly between characters by drag/dropping onto portraits. That made much it more tolerable, so I wouldn't drop the game. But it remained tedious.

I heard the hardest difficulty is way too easy. Any word on if/when they are going to make Path of the Damned really difficult and balanced?

I didn't find inventoryin DD:OS2 that bad; I mean it wasn't anything special but i could find things quick enough as needed. Anyway rumour is they re implemented for the next patch.
It was a downgrade from D:OS1's inventory - in D:OS1 you could open the inventories of multiple characters as separate windows and drag things around at will, now it's all tied into a single window. Makes certain things far less convenient. That said, I thought even the downgraded D:OS2 inventory system was just fine.

I am playing on classic difficulty. Only have fought a few things so far. Only one monster was even close to being a challenge to me and Eder. I will wait until I test a large scale battle before I decide to turn up the difficulty.

It's too early to make that call Fluent. The questing has only just barely started for me. I only have a party size of 2. I haven't had a ship battle yet, nor a large scale battle, etc…

I can tell you right now the DDOS2 is a very fun game though far from perfect.

I heard the hardest difficulty is way too easy. Any word on if/when they are going to make Path of the Damned really difficult and balanced?

Vet/expert is very easy so far. Just getting off the first island right now so not sure how it will be now that the real questing starts.

It's too early for sure.

For what it's worth I've played 9 hours and I'm having a blast. I love the music and the game is absolutely gorgeous. I thought DOS2 was easy on the eyes but this one looks as good so on this front it's probably a tie.

I only played D:OS2 for a couple hours and really wasn't having fun. It was overwhelming IMHO. Then again I wasn't into RPG gaming much at the time. My gut feeling is that PoE2 is more like a Baldur's Gate style and may be more interesting for me. Thanks for the feedback on it fellas.

It was a downgrade from D:OS1's inventory - in D:OS1 you could open the inventories of multiple characters as separate windows and drag things around at will, now it's all tied into a single window. Makes certain things far less convenient. That said, I thought even the downgraded D:OS2 inventory system was just fine.

Everything about the game was a down grade..still a very good game but DOS:1 was a great game.

It's too early to make that call Fluent. The questing has only just barely started for me. I only have a party size of 2. I haven't had a ship battle yet, nor a large scale battle, etc…

I can tell you right now the DDOS2 is a very fun game though far from perfect.

I just got my boat fixed and freed, getting ready to start sailing.

4 in my party now...not sure what or who i want for my last member.

Everything about the game was a down grade..still a very good game but DOS:1 was a great game.

D:OS1 was great, I agree. But between the inventory and combat D:OS2 was overwhelming to me at the time. Crocodiles were flinging magic spells at me and I just was not feeling it. I'm thinking PoE2 is just more my style.

D:OS1 was great, I agree. But between the inventory and combat D:OS2 was overwhelming to me at the time. Crocodiles were flinging magic spells at me and I just was not feeling it. I'm thinking PoE2 is just more my style.

I love finding, picking up and reading everything in a game. D:OS2 some quest were so vague, was glad i kept everything so I could go back and read and reread and re-re-read.. Combat like I stated I dropped down after a few days to the easiest level just to speed things up.

If you don't lke D:OS 2 after 10 or so hours you likely never will. I thought it was a blast (esp the combat). Mind you it is far from perfect and in some ways a downgrade from D:OS-1 (the combat; story wise and writing it is much better). It'll be a while before I play poe2 but from what I'm reading this is very subjective thing to ask. D:OS-2 while rich in sotry tries very much to be tactical in combat (which it doesn't do as well as D:OS-1); however (imho) poe was not tactical at all and so i suspect poe2 will also not be tactical.

I only played D:OS2 for a couple hours and really wasn't having fun. It was overwhelming IMHO. Then again I wasn't into RPG gaming much at the time. My gut feeling is that PoE2 is more like a Baldur's Gate style and may be more interesting for me. Thanks for the feedback on it fellas.

My first POE2 hard(er) battle was more tactical already than DDOS2, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet on poe 2.

I played the original poe very tactically, so I think there really isn't a basis for assuming POE2 is less tactical. On the contrary, most DDOS2 battles all played the same, without a second thought. Do the most amount of damage as soon as possible to get the shields down so you could start disabling things or killing them outright if hit points were low. It was 90% almost always the second case. That was the extent of the tactics for me. Little variety.

So yeah it got rather samey quickly… For POE 2 I hope it's got more variety, and there is no evidence to the contrary, so I remain optimistic…

I have started PoE2, and it seems good, although I think perhaps personally I am a little tired of this sort of game. I only really created my character this time through.
So, I am back playing battletech for a little longer, and then I might retry PoE2.

My biggest hitch was that I have trouble really liking the classes in PoE. I think my D&D days have biased me somewhat. I did finish PoE and expansions a couple of times.

DDOS2 was a good game, but the item scaling and item management was tiresome! I finished the game once and haven't played it since. I will probably play it again in a year or 2 perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom