Realms Beyond - Kickstarter successful

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Congratulations to the Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen Kickstarter campaign:

We brought it home. Thanks to all of you!

Phew, what a month! Those last thirty campaign days have been a proper rollercoaster ride and felt more like half a year. But losing sleep, going a bit more grey and not seeing much of the world outside has all been worth it. The show of your support just knocked our socks off!
We’re lost for words to thank everyone. We’ve said it so many times, but can’t really repeat it often enough: THANKS!

Without all the 2648 backers from the US, Germany, UK, Canada, France, Australia, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Belgium, China and many, many more countries, nothing would have happened. But with all of you, this campaign has been a resounding success! We still can’t believe that the campaign has been funded 120%. It was fully funded three days ago and we smashed three stretch goals! We’re more than excited to get stuck in to carry on working with our team, including Edwin Pickett and the people at OnlySound, voice actor Stephen Chatfield, and of course with Francesca on the map, Casey and Scott on the writing and Kai on additional sound tracks.

All your comments, questions and feedback have been invaluable.
More information.

Are they going to include a PayPal option now? I won't use the Kickstarter payment method.

Last edited:
Mmm, I couldn't find a PayPal option; just fields to enter card information. No thanks.

Mmm, I couldn't find a PayPal option; just fields to enter card information. No thanks.

Strange, there should be a yellow PayPal button below the credit card input fields.

Attachments

• BackerKitPayPal.jpg
    BackerKitPayPal.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 69
Okay, it worked this time. That didn't show up on my first attempt -- must have needed a whack with a rubber mallot. Thanks.

Good to hear because we upgraded our BackerKit plan to "Professional" since the "Essential" plan doesn't include PayPal payments. I personally always prefer PayPal when purchasing stuff online and I am perplexed that Kickstarter still doesn't support it.

I think the issue with paypal is what happens if the kickstarter fails...

Good to hear because we upgraded our BackerKit plan to "Professional" since the "Essential" plan doesn't include PayPal payments. I personally always prefer PayPal when purchasing stuff online and I am perplexed that Kickstarter still doesn't support it.

I think the issue with paypal is what happens if the kickstarter fails…
Shouldn't be much different than credit cards. They don't even process a credit card charge until the Kickstarter is successful, they just obtain your info in advance so they can process it without your invention later. And if the charge fails, then you're given some period of time to sort it out. Is there a way to obtain an "authorization" for a PayPal charge in advance? If not, then maybe it would result in a higher % of pledges that never actually get paid, which could be a problem, not so much for Kickstarter, but for the "creators".

Edit: guess PayPal does have pre-authorization, but only for up to 29 days?
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/authcapture/#

If you need a voice actor, I'd make a good barbarian npc. Low, guttural growls that bring women to their knees ( are my specialty).
Congratz!

If you need a voice actor, I'd make a good barbarian npc. Low, guttural growls that bring women to their knees ( are my specialty).
Congratz!

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to respond to this lol.

I thought the game won't be voiced? Wasn't there a huge argument on that earlier?

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to respond to this lol.
Well you beat me to it.

As a bear has another meaning in English.

Based on his avatar and choice of words.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom