|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

November 17th, 2018, 11:01
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Performance-related tip: If the game gets laggy or choppy, or the performance dips a bit, try restarting your computer. This fixes any sluggish performance, at least for me.

And Overhead Chop seems bugged in my game. I'm not getting double strength bonus on damage rolls with Amiri. Anyone tested this in 1.1?
I agree - the game has a memory leak. Restarting the game or computer helps after several hours of playing.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

November 17th, 2018, 20:04
Another small rant, this time related to the ending (massive spoiler):

Spoiler

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 17th, 2018, 20:17
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Did you check the combat log?
Yep. Apparently Overhead Chop only applies to single attack actions, like Charge etc.. Not full round attacks. So no feat for me, I'll pass on that. Although when I charged to test it I didn't notice it functioning either, just got the usual charge bonus. Will test that later today and report back.

Edit - The Charge action gave me a +3 to damage rolls, which is half my damage bonus extra (I have a +6), but the correct amount of Strength (22 overall strength, so +3 makes sense).

As it was explained to me:

Am I assuming correctly in that your Amiri has 22 Strength(+6 modifier)?

Because if it is 16, then the skill does as it is supposed to. It doubles your Strength modifier(it adds an extra +3 to the the standard strength modifier, for a total of +6).
Last edited by TheRealFluent; November 17th, 2018 at 20:39.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 17th, 2018, 23:41
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Another small rant, this time related to the ending (massive spoiler):

Spoiler
I didn't experience that bug, sorry to hear you had to go through that.

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
Last edited by purpleblob; November 18th, 2018 at 00:02.

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 18th, 2018, 01:44
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 18th, 2018, 01:46
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Spoiler
OMG!! Any chance for you to post the ending slide??? You are the only one I know who unlocked the secret ending!!!

Spoiler

Btw I admire your patience and persistence lol
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

November 18th, 2018, 06:04
Hey guys, question about kingdom management. My current advisers are Kassil (+14), Harrim (+13), Tristian (+15), Octavia (+11), Linzi (+11), Storyteller (+12), etc.. The ones who get the most missions are Tristian, Octavia, Kassil, etc.. I'm in Act 4 and wondering if those numbers are high enough now, because some events are happening that are DC 25, DC 22, DC 24, etc.. I don't want to get overrun but I think I need to rank them up ASAP. I just turned my Outskirts village into a town and I'm a bit low on BP (I usually explore the map and sell magical items to buy BP), so I'm just hoping the hard events don't start overrunning my ability to keep up with them. Would you guys say those are respectable adviser stats for level 11/mid Act 4?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 18th, 2018, 06:21
I found that DC required changes depending on which advisor you assign. As in, let's say both Linzi and Storyteller can be assigned for the same issue, and Linzi has like +14 chance, whereas story teller only has +5. Then I saw DC chance getting lowered when I assign storyteller compared to when I assign Linzi instead. I don't know whether that is bug or not though?

Also, some of events have real high DC checks regardless, I think its the design choice. For example:

Spoiler
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 18th, 2018, 18:25
OMG!! Any chance for you to post the ending slide??? You are the only one I know who unlocked the secret ending!!!

Spoiler

Btw I admire your patience and persistence lol
Spoiler

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 18th, 2018, 20:56
Jhod resigned on me, lol. He got tired of all the things I would go against him on, so he just left. Wonder if he will still be in the story, because he's not in the throne room anymore. I'll miss Jhod.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 18th, 2018, 21:02
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Jhod resigned on me, lol. He got tired of all the things I would go against him on, so he just left. Wonder if he will still be in the story, because he's not in the throne room anymore. I'll miss Jhod.
Woah, what manner of devious ruler are you to drive that friendly guy away?

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Default Armag bug!?

November 18th, 2018, 23:10
Well…defeated the ^$#!! and then got into dialogue when I offered him a way out. Then instead of leaving, he went hostile. I killed him THREE times and he keeps on getting up after that and going hostile again. WTF? I'm going to try from an earlier save, but this may be my first serious game bug.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 18th, 2018, 23:54
Spoiler tags please, @booboo.
@Maylander, I was just letting magic things happen that he didn't approve of. He didn't want a library of Nethys, even though it could potentially bring arcane knowledge (and yes, Nethys is a two-faced God, but still, one face is at least good ). So we disagreed on small issues like that and eventually he just dipped. He's still in the capital though, but outside standing closer to the tavern. I asked him about a position in government and he said that we disagreed too many times, lol.

Harrim took over. I'm more afraid of the potential of Harrim there but eh, we'll see what happens.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 19th, 2018, 01:21
Fluent, I dare say Harrim is pretty good at high priest role lol. I used him the whole time and he was fine.

@booboo yes, please use the spoiler tag. As for your question, it's a bug, I got that too.

Spoiler
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 19th, 2018, 01:56
Fluent, I dare say Harrim is pretty good at high priest role lol. I used him the whole time and he was fine.
Awesome. I like Harrim, his quest seems pretty interesting too. Thanks for the tip about that you gave me awhile back!

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 19th, 2018, 03:39
Companions personal quest concludes in chapter 5. I personally really love how Harrim's one ends
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 19th, 2018, 03:41
Companions personal quest concludes in chapter 5. I personally really love how Harrim's one ends
I'm in Act 4, just
Spoiler
so I have a bit to go I guess with this Act. Approaching the furthest I've been in the game yet, and this second run I've seen way more already then I did the first time, including Harrim's quest.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 19th, 2018, 03:44
You will be busy with quests for a while. That was the most adrenaline rushing part of the game for me (in a good way). Have fun!
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 19th, 2018, 03:46
You will be busy with quests for a while. That was the most adrenaline rushing part of the game for me (in a good way). Have fun!
Thanks! My adrenaline has been rushing trying to keep up with the Kingdom events, lol. Can't wait to see what happens from here though in the main story.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 20th, 2018, 01:29
Question for those who finished the game (guess it's just @Maylander at this point?)

Spoiler
--

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread