Kingmaker - The Wildcards DLC Coming December 6th

What, no horse armor? Well a new companion is usually a good thing. Presumably they're still working on bug fixes though.

The Varnhold expansion should be a good one, seeing how Varnhold managed with what happened to them. And I'm especially excited for the new character - I love that they're adding another companion with deep story and more quests to do. All in all I'm very pleased with all 3, I hope they make more after these! :wideeyed:

The problem with the varnhold dlc is that by the time that this dlc is released I will have finished the game long ago. So that's why I'm not so interested in this DLC, I don't know if I will be willing to go through another gameplay in the same campaign so soon.

:)

I have just dealt with an invasion of magic beasts in the capital and am on my way to take care of the root of the problem with "the bloom", are we talking *much* later than that?

I think of it "chapters" - so once you get to chapters 5 on it gets really buggy imho. I quit playing a while ago in the hopes of a complete playthrough later...... according to the boards it is "finishable" but with lots of reloading for some people due to bugs.

The problem with the varnhold dlc is that by the time that this dlc is released I will have finished the game long ago. So that's why I'm not so interested in this DLC, I don't know if I will be willing to go through another gameplay in the same campaign so soon.

That's true. Personally, when Varnhold + the Endless Dungeon come out, I'll start a new playthrough, maybe as an evil character or as a Tiefling, and do it all over again. I've already restarted once for my Let's Play, I don't mind playing again as I'm having so much fun with the game. It's rare for me to also replay so soon, but this game is a major exception for me.

I'll also probably try it on Hard or Unfair next time, since I know what I'm doing more or less.

That's true. Personally, when Varnhold + the Endless Dungeon come out, I'll start a new playthrough, maybe as an evil character or as a Tiefling, and do it all over again. I've already restarted once for my Let's Play, I don't mind playing again as I'm having so much fun with the game. It's rare for me to also replay so soon, but this game is a major exception for me.

I'll also probably try it on Hard or Unfair next time, since I know what I'm doing more or less.

You're crazy, I can barely beat the game on my custom "hardcore-rules" difficulty. :lol: :lol:

From what I (think to) have learned of your gaming preferences, you'll like PoE2. Not nearly as much as P:K, but a lot better than PoE1.

Intriguing :p maybe next year then.

They should fix the damn game first - it still is barely playable in the later chapters……

I don't think it's the case anymore with patch 1.1. There are 3 of us (me, Maylander and Morrandir) who finished the game in RPGWatch. Owlcats been working hard to fix the game and included lots of QoL improvements with 1.1.

Although, the encounter design in end of chapter 6 (+ chapter 7) is atrocious, that's not really bug issues

It already has for me, as of now my all-time top 3 crpgs are:
1. BG2
2. The Witcher 3
3. Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Similar to mine, I have NWN: The Aielund Saga in second place instead of TW3 :p

As mentioned above, the game is a bit disappointing at the very end but it was still good fun to take place in my top 3 :)

You're crazy, I can barely beat the game on my custom "hardcore-rules" difficulty. :lol: :lol:

Oh I'm having challenges too, on Challenging + Death's Door enabled. But I just think on another playthrough I'll be able to optimize characters better during the early levels than I did this time through. Plus I can try different party combinations and tactics. In this playthrough I had Harrim as a Sacred Huntsmaster with a Mastadon companion. I'll try different quirky stuff but have a better idea of what I'm doing when I try Hard/Unfair.

Publisher cash grab to push a buggy game out the door, then try to upsell the hardcore. It's a shame because you can see the developers want to create a great game and the scope is crushing them.

I'm sure the final Game of the Year edition once it is all fixed and has the DLC will be worth it later.

Played my Sylvan Sorcerer for a few hours tonight. Game seems much better and noticed lots of little improvements since I last played.

Ugg 12/6 is only a few weeks away but seems so far. I really want to do a complete and thorough play through with a CG Ranger Tiefling.

Ugg 12/6 is only a few weeks away but seems so far.

I know man, lol. The thirst is real. I just want to see the new companion and try her out, get to know her and see her quests. Then when Varnhold + Endless Dungeon come out I'll start a new playthrough as a Tiefling something-or-other. Maybe a Magus of some sort, or some other spell-casting/oddball class I haven't seen much of yet.

I hope in future we also get some DLC that are just packs of races and classes.
When they add a companion, that takes most of the DLC because they need to add new models, new VO and new maps and quests for that companion.

For same amount of cost/effort we could get 3 classes+3 races.

It is November, so it is not cold enough just yet to start doing that :)
Yeah, I always find it strange when people do annual awards before the year is over, as that means anything that happens in December will have to be part of next year's awards.

Love the custom portrait option so started working on making one for Tieflings for the DLC release. Gave up on the sorcerer as wasn't enjoying it as much so pretty sure I will have a Ranger/Rogue as my Tiefling.

This is my current favorite:

I also made some Aasimar shots with wings but more interested in the Tieflings. Although the horns would have to be replaced with a halo (which can be done as there is a mod for halos)

Only 11 days left to go and counting ... been exploring and playing on easy with my Sorcerer to get a feel for the Kingdom stuff and so far not bad (in chapter 3) with the curses. Playing on easy kingdom management though.

In the past I always loved mages but forgot about how dull they are at low levels and use my crossbow way more than my spells. But just got 3rd level spells today so that might help. Trying to get him high enough to see if it is worth it. Still I suspect a Tiefling Ranger with a Wolf will be a bit more fun.

@wolfgrimdark; I like both tiefling and aasimar custom portraits of yours… but I prefer aasimar one! The second tiefling one has NWN2 feel about it. Look like Bishop + Neeshka in my eyes for some reason (it's not a bad thing, since Bishop is ranger and Neeshka is tiefling!)

Can you make me a pretty female assimar portrait? lol

@wolfgrimdark; I like both tiefling and aasimar custom portraits of yours? but I prefer aasimar one! The second tiefling one has NWN2 feel about it. Look like Bishop + Neeshka in my eyes for some reason (it's not a bad thing, since Bishop is ranger and Neeshka is tiefling!)

Can you make me a pretty female assimar portrait? lol

I have the mods to cover everything below so could give it a go :)

Heavy (metal), Medium (leather), or Light (cloth) armor? Or nobles dress?
Favorite Weapon to be wielding?
Short, medium, or long hair? Color?
Skin tone (pale to tan)?
Eye color? Normal or supernatural (like glow, solid color, or black pupils with colored iris)?
Regular ears or pointed?

Will add the white wings. The halo depends on whether mod conflicts with my line up but will skip the horns at least :) If halo doesn't work will try a nice crown for the hair. But looking at the halo mod think it would work fine.

Probably do the shot at the Temple of the Divines in Solitude or the Blue Palace.

EDIT: I use this mod so if you see any outfit you like I can use it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81073?

As well as this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/?tab=images

There is also some full plate armor: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82282

Or if you see an armor on nexus you like feel free to list it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom