Age of Decadence - April Update

What happened with that??

Scott revealed last September that development was going too slowly, and that he didn't think it would ever be finished. I think Dhruin posted something about it awhile back.

A couple of months ago, I had to look at where I was at with Cyclopean. I felt that five years was a reasonable amount of time to develop a turn-based indie CRPG and August marked my first two years working on the game. I asked myself: Is the game 40% complete? No. Is the game 20% complete? No. Surely the game must be at least 10% finished? Perhaps, but entirely on the writing side. What I've got is basically a ton of writing and nothing else. And Ted, still the only other member of Team Omega, just isn't able to dedicate those 20+ hours/week to keep things rolling. Vince has got a relentless, driving ambition to see AoD completed, but I need to know my investment of hundreds-into-thousands of hours is actually going to result in a finished product, and I don't have that confidence in Cyclopean, in fact nothing near it.

So a big thank you to all the people who liked the writing, who like Lovecraft, and who support ITS generally! Vince really gave me a great home here while it lasted. I have another less (much less) ambitious project in mind, one that I can actually anticipate will see the light of day, in part because I don't need to recruit anyone else to do it. But I'm not going to reveal it until I have an Alpha build and need testers. I don't want a reputation for stringing people along.

Hopefully they'll pick it up again someday, but I'm definitely going to check out AoD in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom