The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This is fun!

Also,

Rick Wakeman's tribute to David Bowie - Space Oddity and Life on Mars (which he originally played)

Ha! and this too…

Rick Wakeman & Brian May-Starship Trooper live at the Starmus

One more…
Rick Wakeman & Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) - Morning Has Broken
Another piano piece Wakeman wrote and played.

hmmmm. Super nice.
The Other Side Of Rick Wakeman (2006) Part 10- And You And I (Missing Chord Version)

If you haven't had enough, this is quite excellent too.
Rick Wakeman and Jon Lord on Sunflower Jam 2011

Last edited:
I thought for a second that was filmed at the actual Battersea power station, which would be awesome. They're redeveloping it, but it's been protected, so they have to maintain the structure and rebuild the chimneys. Used to be an industrial wasteland, but now actually a really good place to go out.

6e0e72_b6e522b3e93b4f5681d8c662748845dc.jpg

Roger Waters doesn't fuck about!

Last edited:
"The station is one of the largest brick buildings in the world" ha!

"Apple will locate its new London headquarters at Battersea Power Station, becoming the largest office tenant with 1,400 staff across six floors in the central boiler house." oink, oink!

"Sir Giles Gilbert Scott .. design[ed] the building's exterior. He was a noted architect and industrial designer, famous for his design of the red telephone box"

"The station's design proved popular straightaway, and was described as a "temple of power", which ranked equal with St Paul's Cathedral as a London landmark." huh?

Last edited:
But a much better use of bricks than another wall!

I thought for a second that was filmed at the actual Battersea power station, which would be awesome. They're redeveloping it, but it's been protected, so they have to maintain the structure and rebuild the chimneys. Used to be an industrial wasteland, but now actually a really good place to go out.

6e0e72_b6e522b3e93b4f5681d8c662748845dc.jpg

Roger Waters doesn't fuck about!

Ahh. I remember first time I saw the Battersea power sytaytion, coming by train from Gatwick. I won't say I felt like I was on sacred ground, but it was relatively close (ok, I exaggerate). Animals is my favourite Floyd album, followed by (I think) Umma Gumma disc 1.

BTW, I remember reading NME or something similar back in '77. There was a small cartoon, two pigs. One of them asked: "Have you heard the new Floyd?". The other: "I am the new Floyd".

pibbur who after (partially) retiring harmlessly passes his time in the grass lands (his lawn) away. No unease. No corridors. No valleys of steel. No real danger.

Last edited:
3 nice pieces which aren't given the attention they deserve:

Jerry Harrison was a member of Talking Heads.

pibbur who occasionally cuts wood in order to burn it.

@pibbut who - would that be classed as a strange hobby? :)

Maybe. But I did it mostly to use it for heating purposes during winter. We have a wood-burning stove in addition to electrical heating.

But. One of the most satisfying aspect of cutting wood is to split the pieces using significant force and a heavy axe specially designed for that particular purpose. Like this. Especially when at the same time thinking about things that makes you angry. If I disliked the Behesda games as much as some of you do, that would certainly be an excellent inspiration.

pibbur who wonders why there was a huge picture of a young Russian woman with huge, very apparent … thingies on the webpage he used for finding the correct English word for "vedovn" ("stove")

The ways of translations are always a mystery as is the subject matter of the 'illustrations'.

I've been listening a lot to Pompeii and seriously enjoying it. (Sorry can't find a decent link)

A band which don't get the attention they deserve:

They are one of the top prog-rock bands today. Two years ago I watch them in Bergen. In a concert "hall" rooming no more than 100-200 spectators. Very good concert, but kind of sad.

pibbur who like to think he's untouchable (except sometimes, when in the approximity of the wife).

Back
Top Bottom