Risen Elements that may bother you

akarthis

Sentinel
As the post says i would like to say what bothers me most in this great game and it's mostly a personal taste.

I hate the ability to carry everything you find.I mean carrying 2 wagons of weapon arsenal, a farmers warehouse and an alcemist lab on your backpack is simple silly and ruins my immersion.
I can live with it but i would like a limit.

This was something will hacked me off in Oblivion "You are overburdened - gahhh". It didn't in Ultima Underworld though, but you could make "stashes" in that and it was a smaller area.

I hated the overburdening in Oblivion and Morrowind too, where that ONE arrow over the magical weight limit would make you crawl or stop moving completely. That's immersion-breaking even more than being able to carry limitless amounts.

Matter of taste, indeed. :)

As the post says i would like to say what bothers me most in this great game and it's mostly a personal taste.

I hate the ability to carry everything you find.I mean carrying 2 wagons of weapon arsenal, a farmers warehouse and an alcemist lab on your backpack is simple silly and ruins my immersion.
I can live with it but i would like a limit.

Does it also piss you off that you don't go to the bathroom in the game? lol Some aspects of games are just no fun when they are realistic. Like, for example, being up to be hit with a sword many many times and then drinking a potion and being full health. eating 30 or 40 steaks to heal yourself. Eating giant plants raw. Killing someone and finding only a sword on their body. What about their clothes? where did their clothes go? I could go on but you get the idea. There is a fine line between REALISM and NO FUN.

It would piss me off to no end if my character would lay waste to his pants because a Stingrat was keeping him from the bathroom, yeah. Too much realism is too much.

Just think of it as a magical backpack where things enter into another dimension until needed by the hero. So the backpack is actually empty, has levitation properties that make it totally weightless....and it also knows what items you will need before you do.

Now, is that more realistic for ya? :p

PB games simply have too many unique quest related items or things used in some potion or manufacturing process. The games would be a total nightmare if you had to decide what to carry when you don't even know what quests are upcoming or what items you will need.

As the post says i would like to say what bothers me most in this great game and it's mostly a personal taste. (…) I can live with it but i would like a limit.

What bothers me most in this great game… personal taste…
I hate that boing boing bell when walking around in the monastery. And I'm tired of being shaken; especially after a couple of hours playing it's hard to adjust, my eyes are expecting letters to be shaken when reading RPGWatch right now!

I can live with it but I would like to turn both of them off. :)

I see a lot of people complaining about the shaking from the volcano, but this rarely occurs in my game, only about 1 or 2 times per hour, for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Yeah, the shaking just isn't done well. If everything on the screen were reacting, then it'd be a pretty neat thing. But there's no change in the world at all - people and animals just keep walking normally, even though there's a 9.0 earthquake going on. I think it would have been better as a simple, very low rumble.

Running speed is probably the most immersion-breaking thing for me. "OMG! It's a demon fron the pit of hell! RUN!!" And off I go at a slow jog. Luckily, by an amazing coincidence, demons run at exactly the same speed - as do wolves, giant birds, giant moths, old men, and tiny gnomes. What's even more amazingly amazing is that I can jog backwards at this same speed!

I would much rather see a sprinting skill. Advancing it lets you sprint longer and faster. Some critters will have it, too, and some won't.

Yes Risen should also have that 'Swift of the Wolf' skill which was in G3. That would aid in running away from enemies.

First of all i pointed it was my personal taste.Being sarcastic is the easy option,isn't it?
@xSamhainx
With your theory,i am sure i can also love oblivion.I can use my imagination but i want the game to help me a little.
@Uriziel
i can use the theory of magic backpack,but i would prefer it as a quest result.Many games did that.being a castaway with rags,a rusty sword and a priceless magic backback doesn't fit well with.

First of all i pointed it was my personal taste.Being sarcastic is the easy option,isn't it?

Actually, being sarcastic is the only option. Trying to laugh it off is much more preferable than lending an actual brain cell to consider such nonsense. It is a game<-------repeat that over and over until it sinks in. Games are meant to suspend reality, not mirror it while wearing shiny armor or hurling fireballs. If you want realism, take a stroll through a poor neighborhood. And for kicks, wear some shiny armor and throw pretend fireballs at everyone. Scream at them...DIE ORCS!!! You will be introduced to realism in a way you might not be prepared for.

Seriously dude..........it is a game. Who cares if my backpack holds 4 trillion tons and I can run the same speed as a wolf. It is a game. And if that offends your "personal taste", then gaming is not for you. Neither is human interaction, or breeding.........ESPECIALLY BREEDING!

@Uriziel
Thanks for the academic session of what is a game and it's purpose.I really needed that.I,also, thank you for your conclusion that gaming is not for me.I,now,realize the useless hours spent in front of my computer with games! What a waste.
If insulting people is your way of making a conversation,i guess,we have nothing more to say

You are amusing....in a sad way. Even the slightest bit of reality, reality you want so much of in a game, when it confronts you, you sign off. I wasn't trying to offend you....trust me, you'd not survive that.....I was being sarcastic.

Having an opinion or personal preference is your right. Taking that opinion in relation to a game seriously...well...good luck with that. Enjoy a game. Let it take you away from real life. Don't get so concerned that the pixie is wearing a purple hat instead of a plum colored hat. It doesn't matter. It is a game.

lol at all this online ego-buffing, offending and defending. I have long ago dropped interfering with other peoples' opinions because they can't be argued with. And there is no point. There is no right or wrong opinion. :)

:p I find it infinitely amusing :p I'd much prefer dev efforts be put into an engaging storyline, deep backstory, interesting quests, decent conversations, good game mechanics, and an immersive experience. Others worry over the color of a gnomes ass or if they can download a +36 trainer. To each his own………but don't think you won't get challenged on your opinions. Your opinion is not wrong…simply because it is an opinion. It is yours alone, even though others might share it. But it is neither right or wrong…..it is an opinion.

Sadly debate and the full use of the english language elludes…..well it seems to ellude anyone born in the last 3 decades. A verbal spar is just a rewarding as cutting an orc in half…..even more so. As long as you can give and take…and shake hands after a good fight. Today most people will just crawl under their rock and avoid a spirited debate. That is sad :-<

But fear not! I am planning a post which outlines MY opinions and everyone is welcome to fire their shots. I hope everyone has fun :)

I see a lot of people complaining about the shaking from the volcano, but this rarely occurs in my game, only about 1 or 2 times per hour, for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Maybe it depends on where you are.
It didn't bother me first. Yesterday however, I stepped into chapter 3. But I didn't take the next logical step, instead I wandered across the land and spent quite some time in the monastery too. There I took the touristic tour, I had missed some things at an earlier stage. I didn't count the quakes, but it was well over 2 times per hour - looking back it feels more like 2 times per 5 minutes.
Personally I think it's the combination of chapter 3 and the monastery.

Back
Top Bottom