Welcome everybody

Thx, finally found my way here.

Sent a pm to bradleypariah so he's aware of it too.

So... is there just a list of todo's to get it all running? I see some threads but it looks like a lot of history there. And how do I get the game, just GamersGate? Thanks!

It all depends on if you want all of the audio or not. The Gamersgate version has only the important dialog with English voices and removed the Russian voices so much of the dialog that would have had vocals are silent with just subtitles. You could also get the Russian version from yuplay.ru and get the English patch which should be stickied here soon and have all voiced dialog in Russian. (at least for now)

PS. I think the Gamersgate version has also cut out some of the other sounds also but I don't have the Gamersgate version to confirm this.

I can do without the voice overs if I get all the sound and subtitles. Doesn't bother me in Nehrim one bit. So will that be the case? All sounds, Russian language, English subs?

Hi everybody, great to see everyone coming over to RPG Watch.
Cheers,
Val's Evil Twin :)

I can do without the voice overs if I get all the sound and subtitles. Doesn't bother me in Nehrim one bit. So will that be the case? All sounds, Russian language, English subs?

English version has all voices cut out, exempt in cutscenes, which are dubbed in English.

But… due to this. it also suffers from audio dropouts (bullets stop producing noise and similar stuff get happening, from time to time, which gets very annoying). And only way to fix this,. as we know, is to add back Russian voices.

Just to clarify something:
-Hard-copy English version doesn't exist. Gamersgate is only publisher for west, and it uses download service.
-Russian version was released in Dec 2009, so hard copies are a bit less common then a year ago

Went there, but the site`s in Russian only and it seems like download service anyway.

I`m trying to get a hardcopy. Does anybody know an online Russian shop that ships to Poland?

Someone was selling it on Ebay a while ago but I don't think there's a hardcopy to be found anymore.

Best thing is to use yuplay.ru or gamersgate.
When you choose gamersgate follow the workarounds mentioned to get the russian voices and other sounds back in the game cause otherwise the game feels really dead.
Works fine for me just takes some time to do necessary changes but next to that, the same experience.

Gamersgate version =
Russian unpatched version
+ custom sound archive (gf_sounds.grp + main.fat)
+ translated resource file (resource.qrc)
+ several different video files (with English name of the game, instead of Cyrillic Russian one)
+"stolen" warez crack for Starforce. :D

Best thing is to use yuplay.ru or gamersgate.

Was about to say that unless it`s GOG, I`m allergic to digital downloads...but you can not argue with yuplay`s price :)

Site looks solid & I`m just about to register...still, did any of you actually purchase off them? How intrusive is their client?

Was about to say that unless it`s GOG, I`m allergic to digital downloads…but you can not argue with yuplay`s price :)

Site looks solid & I`m just about to register…still, did any of you actually purchase off them? How intrusive is their client?

Some did, I used gamersgate ;)

@ Vet....I have to ask....were you Val in a previous life? If so we need a thread just to say hi!

I guess what I'm asking for is a sticky thread in this forum on how to get the game from Gamersgate and patch it so all sound issues are fixed. The info exists but its spread all over.

Back
Top Bottom