Age of Wonders 3 - Patch 1.2 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios has a new post about the recently released patch for Age of Wonders 3 with a list of all the updates, and changes on the games website.

Update V1.2 is here

With this week’s massive update we make race choices matter more, with racial traits impacting more class units. Water combat is more tactically rewarding, and we’ve added new game speed settings that allow you to adjust empire development speed for quick multiplayer games or marathon XL maps. See the list below for much more updates! Thanks to all of you providing feedback! This game just keeps getting better and better. \T

This official update will be applied automatically via the Steam client (you might have to restart) and GoG users can down load an installer.
More information.

I am thinking about getting AoW3. Really enjoyed the first 2. Are people happy with it? How are the battles and city build up?

A friend of mine discouraged me from buying as the unit XP system is basically broken. Everything you do gives XP, which means that an efficient and good playstyle leads to less XP. You have to deliberately play like an idiot to gain more XP. What the heck?

The system is still broken, but with this patch, they at least put a limit on the exploit, so you feel less awkward about not wanting to deliberately play like a fool.

It's now the next game on my to-play list.

Back
Top Bottom