What games are you playing now?

It's very elaborate. So far, it plays like a whole new game that's been very thoroughly thought out.

Even better, I've yet to encounter a bug or something off - which is rare with a mod this complex.

Beware the Fallout 4 Horizon mod doesn't play nice with other mods.

Especially Sim Settlements.

Last edited:
I finished NWN Aielund Saga - thanks again for the recommendation, @purpleblob;. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My one complaint is really linked to the NWN engine rather than the mod - in the later chapters with the big epic battles I found controlling my party to be a nightmare, and most of my reloads were because of party members getting themselves killed in dumb ways. But the story was great, and the variety of encounters etc is well done. A properly epic NWN experience, I can see why it's so highly rated.

I went straight into NWN Pirates of the Sword Coast with a thief character and hey, that's a pretty good bit of DLC. For some reason I wasn't expecting it to be. But it had an enjoyable story with plenty of twists and turns and some great characters (Garm in particular was entertaining :)). Took me about 6 or 7 hrs I think, very much recommended for a short adventure.

Next up is Darkness over Daggerford. I've also downloaded Tortured Hearts and Swordflight. I just can't seem to stop NWNing at the minute…

Glad you enjoyed The Aielund Saga @Pongo; ! Yes, all my complaints were NWN engine related as well.

I might try out The Swordlight soon as well. There seem to be no shortage of great NWN mods! :D

System Shock Enhanced. I love the graphics, so colorful but yet it's tastefully done, i don't even mind the sprites as much as i thought i would.

Never finished this one back in the days, maybe it's time ;)

Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes.

The title of the game is kind of random, but it's a good 4X + RPG mix. Sand-box, with procedural world generation of course, as usual for 4X. Nice customization that includes the sovereign and their people. The occasional quests could have more variation. Graphics look a bit dated, but very much serviceable. Only encountered one bug so far: a loss by conquest, when I defeated the last non-allied nation. Guess some bit flipped the wrong way. Was fixed by a reload.

I really like 4X + RPG mixes, so that might bias my opinion.

I haven't been playing Disgaea Five much this week because of family being in town, but today I should begin exploring the path to opening the Carnage zones. I believe I have most of the characters available, but not certain on that, and I'm pretty happy with the current roster that I'm running. Should I encounter yet another playable character that I like, I always have a gunner and mage-like thingy that I can quickly and permanently bench for the superior melee warrior-type.

Outcast. Highly anticipated playthrough on my end. Almost 20 years after it made my wishlist :) Just 20 minutes in but I really like it so far. Atmosphere is really nice.

Don't think I will be able to stomach the voxel version these days. Either they were really ahead of their time or the remake also fine-tuned the controls and gameplay somewhat. The dialog and voices is a bit less. The tone is refreshing (it really shows it is a Belgian developer) but the (audio?) quality seems a bit off.

Anybody knows what Appeal is developing these days or what their plans are? Seems they got back together in 2015 but not much more information on their website:
http://www.outcast-universe.com/development/appeal/

Acquired a lot of new games recently, and now I'm completely torn on what to play. After finishing Vampyr, I'm in the mood for something with a faster pace.

I dabbled with Destiny 2 a little and thought it was ok. I'm not a big fan of looter shooters but the gunplay is slick enough that I might play through the campaign at least once. I also recently purchased the Lost Planet trilogy and might give that a go for some mindless fun. I played a little of the first game and it seemed decent enough for a pure action title.

I'd also like to dive into Atom RPG, but part of me wants to wait and see what DLC is released since I doubt it's a game that I'd play more than once.

I briefly tried Vaporum this evening and was quite impressed. It's like Legend of Grimrock meets Bioshock. Definitely on my to-do list.

A replay of V:TM-B is also tempting me. I've always wanted to do a Malkavian playthrough, and I've never played with the restored content from Wesp's Plus Patch.

What to do… :thinking:

Playing Atom and for once I'm finally enjoying a game again.:celebrate:

Mass Effect Andromeda.

Never finished it and always liked it - so I'm giving it another go.

Another example of a game that received criticism that was WAY overblown. You'd think Bioware personally killed multiple children with this game - but, apart from a bit of janky facial technology, I'm reminded why I enjoyed it so much.

Not perfect by any means, but I still think it's a strong contender for the best Mass Effect.

I'm in the mood for something with a faster pace.

I dabbled with Destiny 2 a little and thought it was ok.
If by faster pace you mean brain not needed grind, any mmo will do. Destiny 2 is however the lousiest possible one, please get a better one. Even the broken pos FO76 is a better option IMO.

Note that some singleplayer games you can play at any pace, your choice. An example is
AC:Odyssey. After a few skills unlocked, you'll be able to "copypaste" StealthGamerBR's style in Dishonored and clear a fort with takedowns every second or two. If you want to do that ofc, in some vids I saw people waste time on looting nonsensical numerous containers (vases, sacks, etc) for a coin or two.

This site has become quite the host for people talking about games they've never played like they knew them intimately :)

Maybe we should consider calling it AgendaWatch.

it's a strong contender for the best Mass Effect.

I was with you up to this point. :)
I agree it was an under-rated fun game though. I plan to go back to it when I finally upgrade my PC.

Yea I have to admit I enjoyed the game but waited due to all the negative comments. I think the problem is that people wanted something that was a tighter rpg and this is more of a fps with rpg elements. Instead of evaluating the game for what it was they evaluated it based off their pre-determined expectations. Or maybe facial expression makes/break a game in the eyes of many. I don't know. Hum. Anyway i found it fun.

Mass Effect Andromeda.

Never finished it and always liked it - so I'm giving it another go.

Another example of a game that received criticism that was WAY overblown. You'd think Bioware personally killed multiple children with this game - but, apart from a bit of janky facial technology, I'm reminded why I enjoyed it so much.

Not perfect by any means, but I still think it's a strong contender for the best Mass Effect.

Yea I have to admit I enjoyed the game but waited due to all the negative comments. I think the problem is that people wanted something that was a tighter rpg and this is more of a fps with rpg elements. Instead of evaluating the game for what it was they evaluated it based off their pre-determined expectations. Or maybe facial expression makes/break a game in the eyes of many. I don't know. Hum. Anyway i found it fun.

Well, I think it's more RPG'ish than the previous Mass Effect games - but I don't really have a strict definition for such things.

But I have far more flexibility in terms of building my character, customizing my loot - and dialogue options.

To me, that's plenty of RPG elements to make me happy.

Honestly, I think much of the backlash is about this being Bioware. The critics seem to think it's at least a 70/100 game - which is a reasonable evaluation.

Personally, I think I would probably rate it around the same - possibly 7.5/10 if I was being generous. That's quite a high score for my standards.

But the ridiculous misinformation campaign around release has nothing to do with what I'm actually playing.

It's nothing new, however. These things are only going to get worse - I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom