Matt Chat - #313 and #314 Jordan Weisman talks BattleTech

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In Matt Chat #313 and #314 Matt has interviewed Jordan Weisman:

This week, I chat with Jordan Weisman of Harebrained Schemes about their plans for a new Battletech tactical game currently being Kickstarted.

Jordan is back, this time to talk about his life before gaming! How did a supposedly "slow" kid with dyslexia end up as one of the world's best game designers? How did Jordan's brief stint in the Merchant Marine Academy inspire him to do Battletech? We also chat about what Jordan thinks of the various electronic incarnations.
More information.

Pay attention to what Jordan says about scope. I said it before and I'll say it again. This is why HBS is one of the most trustworthy developers: they are willing to say "no" to fans and put up with their... upsettedness in order to ship the project on budget and on time. That is a very valuable skill to have and why I've unreservedly advocated supporting HBS Kickstarters. They get a good game out the door.

Cool interview and I agree with Jordan - I'll be eagerly and impatiently awaiting this game's arrival and I do appreciate that HBS does actually get games done and released (and in a reasonable amount of time).

Back
Top Bottom