Project Witchstone - Console Announcement Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The console announcement trailer for Project Witchstone.

Project Witchstone, the living world sandbox RPG from Omensight and Stories: The Path of Destinies developer Spearhead Games, wanders to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q2 2020 alongside the previously-announced PC version.

Drawing inspiration from classic pen-and-paper games, Project Witchstone offers unmatched freedom and opportunity to roleplay in a vibrant, reactive world. Every move adventurers make ripple outward into the environment, opening new doors and closing others, as dynamic systems intertwine to produce a one-of-a-kind experience tailored to the player's actions.

Spearhead Games will be showcasing Project Witchstone at Gamescom and PAX West this August. For press inquiries, please contact press@spearheadgames.ca
More information.

Looks decent. Interface makes the impression of a cheap phone or early flash game though.

Do I see it correctly that it got turnbased combat?

Looks decent. Interface makes the impression of a cheap phone or early flash game though.

Do I see it correctly that it got turnbased combat?

Yes it is turn-based. I'm not sure what to think about this one yet. The boxes appear to be ticked but it seems to lack inspiration. I guess it is a wait and see situation.

I do love turn based combat games, but I've also learned that they're all not exactly worth playing. I'll keep an eye out for this one and monitor feedback, just to see what others think of it.

Very nice trailer! Professionally put together content. They deserve all the sales they can get!

Somehow the gameplay presentation from september (apart from the older GDC demo reveal) didn't make news so lemme add it here:

Also, some details were shared in an interview at Gbiz a few days back:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...replicate-the-freedom-of-dungeons-and-dragons
Project Witchstone: The indie RPG trying to replicate the freedom of Dungeons & Dragons
"You roleplay through your choices. If your adventure is going to be that you're a mass murderer, you'll be the most hunted guy in the area and you'll have to deal with that"
"Our goal is to support just fucking around, because sometimes people don't care about the story - they just care about playing in a world that reacts to them"

Drawing inspiration from classic pen-and-paper games, Project Witchstone offers unmatched freedom and opportunity to roleplay in a vibrant, reactive world. Every move adventurers make ripple outward into the environment, opening new doors and closing others, as dynamic systems intertwine to produce a one-of-a-kind experience tailored to the player's actions.

I’ve heard this quite a few times before but have yet to see it pulled of in any significant way.

Will keep an eye on it though.

Back
Top Bottom