Dragon Age 4 - Top 10 Suggestions

Meh. Games are supposed to be enjoyable fantasies, not solve cultural issues. Just add a config button to modify sexual preferences and then everybody can be happy. Set Gayplay/Gayaway and you get your wish…
Will I get an option to disable other stuff as well? Or is gayness some special issue I don't understand?

I think Bobo made the point best: the issue is not striving for more inclusivity (where it makes sense…in Kingdom Come deliverance, it didn't), but the observation that it's almost always done in a ham-handed 'tick-box' kind of way. Race? tick. Gender? Orientation? tick. tick. So, if it's done well, and if it fits the context, then it's great. The problem is the 'debate' is very emotional and reason is always the first victim in such cases. Unfortunately 'emotion trumps reason' (pardon the pun) seems to be the theme of these last few years in everything.

As an aside, I play different genders, races etc - doesn't bother me at all. I don't need to play a character that looks likes me or have the same orientation - I understand some people have that need, but I've never quite understood it. If a game - like the Witcher - is built around a fixed protagonist, why object? Are they now meant to break the writer's vision to satisfy certain factions/groupings or make them feel included?

Last edited:
the observation that it's almost always done in a ham-handed 'tick-box' kind of way. Race? tick. Gender? Orientation? tick. tick. So, if it's done well, and if it fits the context, then it's great.
Now we're back to talking about quality again. That's a discussion I can relate to.

The problem is the 'debate' is very emotional and reason is always the first victim in such cases.
Yep. Why is this issue so emotional?

Shhh, it's all right, it's all right, Chien…I'm here for you. I know CDPR touched you in a very special and sensitive place
Left untouched. Untouched by a product devoid of any relevant gameplay.

but trust me, things will get better in time.

So unlikely. It would mean that CDR projekt attach gameplay to their next vid products.

Will I get an option to disable other stuff as well? Or is gayness some special issue I don't understand?

As long as they include an option to enable gameplay, it goes.

I think Bobo made the point best: the issue is not striving for more inclusivity (where it makes sense…in Kingdom Come deliverance, it didn't), but the observation that it's almost always done in a ham-handed 'tick-box' kind of way. Race? tick. Gender? Orientation? tick. tick. So, if it's done well, and if it fits the context, then it's great.

Context, the context is determined by designers. That is the same context that gave people speaking modern english as a token of historicity.

Double standard people look as they are not even aware of their double standard.

Back
Top Bottom