The TV Series discussion thread

I just watched the first season of "The Man in the High Castle" which I enjoyed quite a bit. Second releases on Dec. 16th. Can't wait!

Also watching "People of Earth". It's not hilarious by any means, but very different from most "comedies" currently on TV. It's just a weird show about a group of alien abductees and I kinda like it.

I'd highly recommend watching the Black Mirror episode "San Junipero". Each episode is a different story, so you can watch any one of them. Some of the best episodes have now been optioned to turn into movies.

I'd highly recommend watching the Black Mirror episode "San Junipero". Each episode is a different story, so you can watch any one of them. Some of the best episodes have now been optioned to turn into movies.

Black Mirror as a whole is an awesome series, everybody should watch all episodes (it's like 14 episodes total). I do agree San Junipero is like one of the best things I've watched in years. Loved everything about it.

Black Mirror as a whole is an awesome series, everybody should watch all episodes (it's like 14 episodes total). I do agree San Junipero is like one of the best things I've watched in years. Loved everything about it.

Some episodes were great, whilst others were shit. It seemed there was no in-between, but yes, San Junipero was one of the good ones :)

Some episodes were great, whilst others were shit. It seemed there was no in-between, but yes, San Junipero was one of the good ones :)

This might be true. I watched first two episodes and IMO there are better ways to waste time than on those two turds. Thus I stopped following it.

The thing I liked most about that one was that it left me with an unusual feeling - somehow combining a feelgood sensation with a sense of unease and a touch of darkness. Quite unique, I thought.

The thing I liked most about that one was that it left me with an unusual feeling - somehow combining a feelgood sensation with a sense of unease and a touch of darkness. Quite unique, I thought.

I think it's the only episode so far with a true happy ending.

Finished Westworld like everyone else. I marathoned the entire season over the last few days. I was very impressed overall and would rate it 9/10. I have guessed few of the plots points but they were still executed brilliantly on the show so it didn't feel like anything was ruined. Also lot of key plot points were resolved giving the show a good conclusion but still mange setup season 2. This is where most shows fails (I am looking at you Lost, Battlestar Galactica). Also Anthony Hopkins, was bloody brilliant and other actors were pretty good as well.

Westworld for me was hurt by a lot of the fan theories. The best fan theories turned out to be true, so the big reveals turned out just a bit anti-climactic - or they didn't have the surprise they would have had otherwise. I will avoid that next season if I decide to watch it.

One thing I thought interesting was that Ford was the genius after all, that is, he was never hiding in Arnold's shadow but finished his work, working around problems until they could resolve themselves for 30 years.

I am curious to find out if Maeve came back to the park on her own or as part of her programming. Was it Ford or Delos that wrote it? Delos wouldn't have her going on a killing spree to get out of the park. Either way, it was also an ambiguous question of free will as already brought with her character.

At the end it seemed like Maeve had gone completely off script, so I'm sure that was meant to imply that she was developing a path of her own. I could be wrong, but that is how I took it. Her tale might be the most compelling part of series two.

I read somewhere that it might not be until early 2018 before Westworld is continued. I certainly hope that isn't true.

I found myself a little disappointed by the season finale (except for a certain major plot twist which I thought was great). I think it was the way it ended, and the knowledge that we'll have a considerable wait to see how it unfolds, that I didn't like. Still, I thought it was overall the best new show I've seen in a very long time.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Ford programed her to attempt the escape. There was that scene when Benard discovered that someone had written a new narrative called "Escape" for her. Who else would have the know-how other than Ford to do that in secret?

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it might not be until early 2018 before Westworld is continued. I certainly hope that isn't true.
I hope it *is* true.
By that time I might forgive taking a movie masterpiece as series base then watch the most probably overhyped rubbish that I don't expect can even touch the disturbing message movie had.

Yea well, a time I'll kiss HBO's arse on lil' red riding hood remake when there are so many ORIGINAL things to base a story upon won't happen.

I watched the rest of Black Mirror, and, overall, I still find it a very mixed bag. It usually has a good idea, and is well made, with good actors. The weakness, IMO, is in the scripts. It's a problem that's sometimes called speaking the subtext, or dumping the exposition; it feels like actors merely advancing the story through unnatural dialog, rather than slowly developing events through believable characters. Essentially, telling rather than showing.

Yes, always wanted to read the books but they made a tv show before I could.

Netflix will also have season 2 on, just like the new Star trek show later this year.

I really like some of the newer scifi productions like ascension and one other I forgot the name of

Back
Top Bottom