RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Official Trailer #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD have released a new trailer.
Get ready to return to Thorwal, one of the oldest cities of Aventurien. Make sure your wits are sharpened before walking down the small alleys of Thorwal and Prem, and prepare to stop the Orcisch threat while creating a mighty alliance between nations. Featuring a complete visual reimagining along with a comprehensive overhaul of every aspect of the gameplay.
More information.

There's precious little actual gameplay footage on that trailer. A few standing NPCs and fly-by shots of towns & dungeon corridors, that's it. Notable omission: no footage of the combat. I'd guess because the combat 3D models look hideous (by any standards), have terrible animations and in general just suck monkey balls.

Yes, of course graphics are not the most important thing in a game, but in case of this remake, which basically is just a graphical makeover as the game content itself has been relatively (if not completely) untouched, then having the combat graphics look so utterly horrible is completely against what one of the two reasons for remaking the original supposedly was - make it easier on the eyes. (The other reason for the remake being making the UI more bearable to modern gamers.)

This remake just boggles the mind.

Wow - that is one spectacularly awful trailer. We get to see a bunch of people standing around and a long, dark look at the side of a mountain. They also put a bunch of words on the screen, listing things you can do in the game (fight, explore, discover, etc) rather than actually showing them happening in the game.

- this game is AWFUL in its current state
- this game is hilarious (NPCs, buildings, environments, etc.)
- oh, and I blame devs (I don't care they pushed hundreds of patches, game is still hideous!)
- is this a game worth buying? NO, especially that the originals have been released on Steam recently and they're also available on GOG.

The games worth trying. Honestly, if you're bothered by the graphics in the remake you'll most assuredly think the originals are even worse.

The games worth trying. Honestly, if you're bothered by the graphics in the remake you'll most assuredly think the originals are even worse.

The original is much more consistent in quality. And some of us LOVE proper old school pixel art.

I'll just say that those who protest on different graphics for good old games should avoid such remakes and concentrate on BG and BG2 so called enhanced edition (and in fact ports to phone).

Me? I'm happy and will buy any graphics/sound/music rehaul just because I want to see modernized Anachronox ASAP.

Started playing RoA remake a couple of days ago, no problems but man, I forgot how sucky the start of the game is, where you fail to do any damage in 80% of your attacks and 80% of your spells fizzle

Back
Top Bottom