That Which Sleeps - Halfway Done & 300% Funded

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
King Dinosaur Games seventh update for That Which Sleeps mentions the campaign is half done, and already 300% funded. They also talk about the games Endless Mode.

Halfway Point!

We are a little bit past the halfway point with this Kickstarter campaign and the response so far continues to be better than we could have dreamed of. At the time of this writing we have already surpassed the Rival Old Ones stretch goal and we're rumbling towards Endless. That means That Which Sleeps will notch up another level in its sophistication, and games and scenarios will be able to run well ... Endlessly. We'll go into further detail into the Endless Simulation stretch goal as we approach it, so stay tuned for that.

Endless Mode Stretch Goal Details

We received a great question on RPGCodex asking us to go into depth on what exactly will be done to the engine if we reach Endless Simulation. I've editted our response from that thread to give you some highlights of our intention.

Dev Video #4 Parts 1 and 2 - The Event Contest

As text heavy as this update was be prepared for video content - we got a lot of questions about modding capabilities and ended up running well over our expected 20 minutes, so we're cutting up the video into a Part 1 (modding and adding the contest event) and Part 2 (finding the added event and going over challenges, events, and gameplay). Part 1 will be posted tomorrow, Part 2 will be posted a few days after that. I expect everyone to have a lot of questions after we hit all of these critical points.

More information.

The "endless simulation" stretch goal has been reached in the meanwhile, and they sit at 40k now with 14 days left.
High chance they get the next one too, which is set at an (odd) 53k…

They might even need more stretch goals. :)

I backed this. I hope they continue to stay away from physical object stretch goals. It always seems from the post mortem that the devs never actually make a dime on things like t-shirts, books and boxed games. Just distracts from actually developing the game.

Back
Top Bottom