Sea Dogs - Steam Release: January 12, 2018

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Pirate RPG Sea Dogs will be re-released on Steam on January 12 , 2018:

Sea Dogs

Sea Dogs is an epic role-playing game for the pirate in all of us. Return to the age of sail as a young captain looking to make a name in the world. Develop your character from humble beginnings and rise to control all of the islands for your country or yourself.
You can give your allegiance to one of three countries or choose to serve only yourself as a swashbuckling pirate. Build your wealth and reputation and use it to acquire bigger ships and better crewman. Hire other captains to join you in attacking and capturing other ships or forts. Where you go and what you do is up to you. The choices in Sea Dogs are endless, and so is the fun.

• Play as one of four sides (British, French, Spanish, or Pirate) or change allegiances during the game.
  • Nonlinear campaign allows players to choose quests or play the game any way they want.
  • 20 different ship types to choose from, from small boats to large battleships.
  • Location-specific ship damage allows you to send their sails up in flames, bring the mast crashing to the deck, or shoot holes in the hull.
  • Realistic and dynamic wind and weather effects as well as day and night cycle.
More information.

It's been on GoG for years…(my download says 2015 so at least since then).

Two other Sea Dogs games: City of Abandoned Ships & Caribbean Tales are also on GoG.

Also, no, that To Each His Own game is from 2012, the one being re-released on January 12 is the original from 2000. Caribbean Tales is from 2007, and CoAS is from 2009.

Why won't someone make a turn-based pirate RPG, like Pirates of the Western Sea? AFAIK it's the only one, ever, and that's 30 years now.

Arrgghh, I can almost feel the salt in the very air!! In another life, I could have easily sailed the seven seas.

It would likely have been a short life...
Malaria, smallpox, yellow fever, dysentery, scurvy, infection, pneumonia, dehydration, influenza, typhus. Just some of the RNG loot boxes you'd find on that trip.

It means some people who think AC:BF was original and fun will learn it's just a pale copy of a better and ancient RPG.

Does this mean it will suck ?

It is STEAM, so of course it will suck.

BTW: I own all Sea Dogs games on Disc, where they belong.
@joxer;: As bug ridden asl AC:BF was, Sea Dogs was nearly completly broken. The following games even more so.

I forget the story behind all these different pirate games, some made by Akella. I'm sure answers could be found somewhere on Pirates Ahoy!

What I do remember is City of Abandoned Ships is the one I played the most and has all the many mods for it, which can also be found on Pirates Ahoy!

Fantastic game at its time, spent hours and hours sailing Caribbean!
But the most brilliant there is the music! It is simply the masterpiece and builds game atmosphere thousand times!I still listen game tracks time from time on youtube. The music fits sea sailing and that era perfectly, yeah it is just amazing!

By the way there is Russian soviet movie/series with same level of music and atmosphere it creates, called "В поисках капитана Гранта" ( In search for Captain Grant). Great and very soulful adventure based on Jules Verne novel.

Back
Top Bottom