|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread

Default Amazing Screenshot Thread

March 2nd, 2018, 16:30
@wolfgrimdark thanks for taking the time to make that post. I will absolutely look at the ones you posted as my base and go from there. Is this Vanilla or SE (i'm assuming some of these mods are available in both, but some might not be)?
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 2nd, 2018, 20:19
Originally Posted by ChatMiauleur View Post
That is quite awesome Wolf, thank you to have shared this with us. Those pics, and that list of mods are great.
Thank you! I admit it is a big passion of mine to combine playing a game, making screenshots, and writing stories about my characters.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

March 2nd, 2018, 20:31
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is the game completely stable with that many mods? How often do you get a crash, etc if ever?

Also, are you still using the original version or the special edition?
Compared to some of my friends my list is a small one Mod lists are deceiving as well. For example I have maybe 30-40 mods that are just little ESP files I made to fix something or add some little thing for my game. I might have 40 mods that are small textures … that most sane people would combine into a single big mod. I don't do bashed patches or combined patches. For all my mod and ENB work I prefer keeping game play pretty simple. So my mods are as is and I just use NMM to manage them.

Sometimes what is more interesting than the number of mods is the size of the Skyrim DATA folder. Tapioks is doing a "lets play" type of game with a 80+ GB install. Mine is only 43.4 GB in comparison.

Anyhow to answer the question, yes my game is, on average, stable. I have to quantify it a bit as I am a major fan of using ENB to play the game. This also means mileage will vary a lot from player to player depending on their set-up.

But for me on binary 319 (current ENB for Skyrim) my game is very stable - for Skyrim. No crashes most nights and very few issues. But I prefer binary 236, which is older, and when I use that one I can sometimes go a night with no issues and other nights infinite loading screens might pop-up or a random crash 2-3 in a couple of hours of playing. Hence I say on average to mean overall it is stable enough that I enjoy playing and don't get enough crashes to be anything ore than a minor annoyance.

I can't say it is completely stable though. But I can say I tested the game with no mods at all on and still got some random crashes (although no infinite loading screens - that is usually a memory issue with lots of HR mods and enblocal memory settings). It's an old engine and it never was that well optimized IMO.

I am playing original as well. I have tried SSE 3 times. Every time I went back to classic. Mainly because classic still has some mods I like that can't be converted to SE because of scripting needs SKSE. Also because it lacks the features of classic ENB. It is more stable but simply doesn't look as nice.

That being said it is coming along. Every day more mods and better ENB and ReShade presets. The only reason, now, that I am still on classic is that the latest win10 patch fixed the 4GB issue and now my game is as stable as it ever was on win7 for the most part.

I would say its a balance as SSE has plenty of mods now, some that you can't fine for classic. But it is also missing a more robust SKSE. It also has some nice graphic features yet misses many ENB features. I also just don't like the visual design they did with SSE which for now is the deciding factor for me to remain on classic … that and a few more mods and I am so used to it. I would have to port over a lot of custom stuff to SSE for my stories and too lazy to want to do that now.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 2nd, 2018, 20:36
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
@wolfgrimdark thanks for taking the time to make that post. I will absolutely look at the ones you posted as my base and go from there. Is this Vanilla or SE (i'm assuming some of these mods are available in both, but some might not be)?
I am on vanilla (see my long reply to JD) but not for any huge reason beyond comfort level, lazy, classic is running nice right now, few more mod and ENB options. SE is more stable though and is coming along nice so I think it really depends on what your focus is and what is important to you.

I can't be 100% sure but I think almost all those mods are on SSE as well. If not there are comparable ones.

I have seen some really nice SSE builds that look amazing. It really hits the spot for realism style if you like that (Rudy, of Rudy ENB, has done some amazing SSE shots):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/use…er+images&BH=0

I tend to like a more fantasy style and the classic ENB presets are much better for that.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

June 29th, 2018, 02:08

--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread