Lords of the Realm series needs to be remade into HD / remastered etc

Kelefane

Watchdog
Lords of the Realm 1
Lords of the Realm 2
Lords of the Realm 3
Lords of Magic

The whole series needs the love of a remaster/HD. These games are in my top 10 strategy games of all time. They still hold up well today, but in an era when older games are being HDed out, these deserve it too :)

Any other LOTR fans here?

I haven't played LotR since the 90's but I'd be up for a remake. I strongly prefer turn-based combat to RT but that series had some things about it I really liked. What I recall liking most was the castle sieges; building moats, dumping molten lead (or was it hot oil) on invaders, catapults. I don't play a lot of strategy games so there's probably other games that did something similar but I'm not really aware of any.

From what I remember the resource management was a nice mix of simple, yet engaging, too.

so... thread necro...

I was really into lords of the realm 2 back in the day. Got my fix with with Total war Medieval II. have you guys tried that?

LOTR 1 does a lot of things better than MTW2 IMO:
The siege are much more interesting. You can assign soldiers to foraging, building siege equipment or assaulting the castle.
The game feels more "personal", and the overall map is smaller.
What I mean is that you really feel like you are managing a small fiefdom, which I prefer.
MTW takes so long to play (all the total war for that matter, except Shogun 1) that I usually gets Total War fatigue by the time I finish a game.
On the other hand, LOTR can be played in an evening or two.

There is no TW past the first two in which I played more than a single campaign (I started one with the Empire after I finished Chaos on TTW, but I burnt out mid game).

The 1st has too much useless micro, though (who thought that shuffling peasants every season was an interesting task? And thanks for making my blacksmiths forget everything about smithing after 3 month of labor in the field!), but it had a lot of cool features.

Speaking of dead games, I used to love Castles though don't ask me why because I don't remember.

MTW takes so long to play (all the total war for that matter, except Shogun 1) that I usually gets Total War fatigue by the time I finish a game.

that is a very fair criticism of the series!

Back
Top Bottom