• 8. Coffee

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 9. Tea

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 10. Water

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
British. They are the crazy ones. ;)

And they have this thing about a pinkie.

drinking-tea-keeps-you-young.jpg

As we have stretched the topic already, I like chocolate. 70-80% chocolate is great and infused with some nuts is even better. Sometimes I combine that with hot chocolate milk and whipped cream. Although that combo I only do in the weekends and it isn’t really depending on whether or not I am gaming. So to stay on topic I drink Diet Coke, tea or water, but sometime I just forget to drink.

Maybe we need a thread about chocolate. With a poll "What kind of chocolate do you like?". And everyone who votes for white "chocolate" gets banned :biggrin:

I'm imagining the British lady above reading through this thread, with her tea. You can tell by her shockingly emotional state that it's getting to her.

I'd guess that adding things like milk, sugar or lemon to tea might have been to improve the flavour, in the old days. Delicate tea probably doesn't taste superb after a few weeks the hold of a leaky wooden cargo ship. They might have liked the caffeine, but not the stale flavour. Makes less sense now we can get the good stuff.

I remembered from having watched multiple BBC costume dramas that the question of milk in first or milk in last had something to do with the English class system. But I did not remember whether MIF was considered to be something vulgar of the working class or MIL.

So this morning I started searching to get the answer, and I stumbled on this nice article.

I think the one that applies to most of us is the teabag thing - when making tea in the cup with a teabag, putting the milk in first soaks it, and stops the boiling water hitting it properly. When that happens, it takes on a distinctive taste (which is quite upsetting to think about).

I once saw a lady in the staff kitchen put teabag, milk, sugar, and cold water in a mug, and put the whole thing in the microwave. I reported her.

Hahaha.

That reminds me of Asterix and the Helvetians, the punishment for losing your piece of bread in the Swiss fondue:
asterix44.jpg

Lose your piece of bread in the cheese fondue once, and it's five of the best with a stick. Lose your piece of bread twice, and it's twenty lashes with a whip. Lose it three times, and it's into the lake with weights tied to your feet. The orgygoer who keeps losing his piece of bread, Malodorus Caseus, seems almost as delighted as his fellow revellers when he incurs these punishments.
Source: TV Tropes: Asterix in Switzerland

I like Mountain Dew Ice.

Back in school, my roomates and I were cleaning our room, which didn't happen very often. I ran across this old plastic cup of Mountain Dew that had likely been sitting there for months. All of liquid had evaporated out of it. All that was left was this hard, solid ball that took up nearly half of the large cup. It was something like a ball of plastic that had been melted and cooled again.

I'm not a healthy-eating kind of guy, but ingesting that plasticy, sugary glob did not look like a good idea. It didn't stop me then, but these days I rarely drink soda.

Coffee. Black.

My second choice would be tea though. With milk of course, people on the other side if the Atlantic ocean obviously don't know how to drink tea properly. Oh, and it has to be Earl Grey, none of those fruity/green/roibos/herbal concoctions.

Last edited:
Earl grey is the best, but I've never put milk on my tea. Coffee with milk on otherhand is just right and natural. :)

Black tea, one sugar.

Back
Top Bottom