Fallout 3 - Lead Designer Revealed

I love the TES games and the Fallouts as well, so I aint sweatin' it.

I'm certainly going to wait to see something anyway before I get fit to be tied about anything in the first place!

I loved the character creation in daggerfall, other than that, bethesda might be a fantastic action game designer company, but I think FO 3 should be an rpg. And it should have the same mechanics as fo 1 and 2. TB combat is a must. No TB=no FO.

Would everyone here that is happy to here Bethesda is making a game called FO 3 be as happy if somone bought the rights to Gothic and made it into a TB game, or RT w/ pause? Or the same with TES? No.

Who cares who designs what action game. This game has zero chance of being an actual Fall Out. I wouldn't mind at all if they just changed the name from FO 3 to FO: something else (like brotherhood of steel and tactics did). But calling a game part 3 entails a certain duty of obligation of making it jive with the series that came before.

If Predator 3 came out weaturing eddy murphy and bernie mac surfing in a slapstick comedy that happened to have a preditor killing people as a side story would that really be a predator 3?

What if spider man 3 was made into a musical with no crime fighting action?

Things have names for a reason, and a number 3 following something should indicate it gives the same gameplay 1 and 2 gave.

You make a very good point Roqua, we do expect that a 3 means a link to 1&2. We saw that with the M&M series even though 6+ were quite different from 1-5. I would hope that at the very least FO3 has optional TB combat!!

I think I'm much more concerned about perspective. Of course, the best idea I think would be to have a game that holds true to its predecessors, but in 3D -- same gameplay, same perspective, etc. However, I'm willing to shrug off changes to TB, as I prefer RTwP anyway. So such a change wouldn't bother me, although I acknowledge it would annoy the hell out of some people.

But the change that would be a deal-breaker for me is perspective. I want isometric, or at the very least some fascimile, like what the NWN camera evolved into. I very much need to pull back and see the battlefield and the NPCs that I command. If the game only offers a first-person view, then no matter how well-done every other aspect of the game is, I cannot buy it.

And maybe come up with an innovative name like (consults generic fantasy name generator) 'Unearlthy Lord of Fallout' ...

;)

Yes, and if you get the Alchemy Skill--er, Meds Perk--you can use leaves and radioactive roots to make your own Stimpaks!

@roqua
I agree it's a scary proposition to have an Elder Scrolls take on FO. The whole feel of the game is going to be radically different,especially if they go with the rotating camera, etc.
I'm kind of surprised not to see this news bit reposted on RPGCodex. They could debate this topic pretty well.

Amazingly, the word appears in my current reading matter; King of Foxes by Ray Feist!!

From page 15: "I've been told they have many different choices of execution.......being pulled apart by camels, being buried alive, defenestration-."

It then goes on to describe the procedure!! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom