MMOWatch Feature: Spellborn Hands-On

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Myrthos had the opportunity for a little hands-on time with The Chronicles of Spellborn at the recent Leipzig Games Convention. Here's a snip from our preview:
In the game I played a level 15 deathhand trickster, which is one of the different rogues. I was accompanied by a character controlled by Pierre-Yves - or actually I was following her (yes he played a female character), as I didn’t have a clue where we were going. Besides, this support kept me from dying, which turned out to be a good thing. Pierre-Yves kept me alive by making sure I was buffed. In Spellborn, health in a fight is always gotten by buffing yourself, de-buffing enemies or by putting a specific spell on an opponent where health is gained by the user every time the opponent is hit. You don’t get health in the game by potions or anything like that.
Read it all here.
More information.

I like the focus on story that the game has. Especially the exploration of past events, which is always intriguing.
Though the overall premise of the game looks very typical MMORPG'ish. Yet more repetitive, action based gameplay.

Thanks for having taken the time to experience this MMORPG during your GC trip, Myrthos.

Last edited:
The combat sounds interesting, but Im not sure I have the hand / eye coordination or desire to attempt it in an MMO. Story is good, but a world with more to do than hit stuff would appeal to me much more..
Thanks for the honest and straight forward review of your experience in game. Much appreciated.

Awsome idea to release it just 10 days after Wrath of the Lich King goes live... oh look - The Chronicles of Stillborn...

Back
Top Bottom